Amarimono Isekaijin no Jiyuu Seikatsu: Yuusha ja Nai node Katteni Yarasete Moraimasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Beginning Of A Legend

Dex-chan lover
Plenty of iffy or outright missing translations. Ie. the phone messages and guild card were skipped entirely (I assume the card held valuable info, as the clerk randomly said something about him being chased, and after looking at his card he understood why). And somehow something that should've obviously been along the lines of "using a compact bow as the main weapon" became "using the main weapon as a compact bow"...

Dex-chan lover
Only first chapter and already seeing a pretty generic story/characters. Kinda wasted panels to build up pre-sent to world really, I tihnk the issue is it seems info is gonna be piece mealed slowly over time. What amazes me is they kick out the MC for being no good but the others haven't had the same check? Also why would his abilities be considered no good? I have too many questions that I know won't get an answer or will waaaay later if it doesn't get axed.

Plenty of iffy or outright missing translations. Ie. the phone messages and guild card were skipped entirely (I assume the card held valuable info, as the clerk randomly said something about him being chased, and after looking at his card he understood why). And somehow something that should've obviously been along the lines of "using a compact bow as the main weapon" became "using the main weapon as a compact bow"...
could you translate it and fix it

Dex-chan lover
could you translate it and fix it
A bit ambiguously phrased, so I will answer both interpretations:
If you are asking whether I have the ability to, then probably yes (translation I am a bit unsure about, but I could definitely fix pretty much all errors I noticed from contextual clues alongside, yknow, actually knowing english to begin with. That includes the guild card I mentioned, where we weren't given any tl and only context, and I would only be able to guess).

While if you are requesting me to translate and fix it, in a politely phrased manner, then, hell no, don't wanna :D There is a reason I simply pointed out (in that comment) to the TL that they have loads of errors, so they learn for next chapter, rather than provide quotes with actual corrections like some kind of diff-file (several reasons actually, but mainly it's because I have neither time nor desire). First portion of the chapter had noticeably better quality (If I Remember Correctly and am not mixing up mangas in my memory), so they clearly can do better than the errors I saw (my guess is machine assisted translation, and after a couple pages it was late into the night and they were tired and missed some obviously incorrect stuff they needed to edit). If nothing else, adding more tools for english grammar-checking would probably let them fix many of those errors (liek the bow one), and highlight most so they don't miss it from sleep-deprivation.

Last edited:
A bit ambiguously phrased, so I will answer both interpretations:
If you are asking whether I have the ability to, then probably yes (translation I am a bit unsure about, but I could definitely fix pretty much all errors I noticed from contextual clues alongside, yknow, actually knowing english to begin with. That includes the guild card I mentioned, where we weren't given any tl and only context, and I would only be able to guess).

While if you are requesting me to translate and fix it, in a politely phrased manner, then, hell no, don't wanna :D There is a reason I simply pointed out (in that comment) to the TL that they have loads of errors, so they learn for next chapter, rather than provide quotes with actual corrections like some kind of diff-file (several reasons actually, but mainly it's because I have neither time nor desire). First portion of the chapter had noticeably better quality (If I Remember Correctly and am not mixing up mangas in my memory), so they clearly can do better than the errors I saw (my guess is machine assisted translation, and after a couple pages it was late into the night and they were tired and missed some obviously incorrect stuff they needed to edit). If nothing else, adding more tools for english grammar-checking would probably let them fix many of those errors (liek the bow one), and highlight most so they don't miss it from sleep-deprivation.
ooh ok thanks

Dex-chan lover
While if you are requesting me to translate and fix it, in a politely phrased manner, then, hell no, don't wanna :D
Fr. People act like we can’t call out sh*ty translations and quality. If you are going to translate into a language, either make sure you have a decent understanding of it or have some external tools that can at least help it not be a shi show. I’d love to be able to read these stories but it’s unbearable when I have to decipher ancient hieroglyphs on the fly while reading it.

Dex-chan lover
Fr. People act like we can’t call out sh*ty translations and quality. If you are going to translate into a language, either make sure you have a decent understanding of it or have some external tools that can at least help it not be a shi show. I’d love to be able to read these stories but it’s unbearable when I have to decipher ancient hieroglyphs on the fly while reading it.
Did I go into italics or are my eyes just staring at a screen too long today

Dex-chan lover
Diamond quality translation.

Somehow the OCR caught the guild board texts, but not the phone and the vertical text at the end? Is there no human around to process the MTL-ed text? Makes me wonder if this "group" is actually just a bunch of bots.

Another generic isekai. Also, an Isekai Smartphone clone?

Appreciate the efforts in TL-ing, but I honestly got a headache reading this chapter.

I'll hold back from reading further and will just bookmark this manga for now in hopes that a better translation team would pick it up in the future, and not someone who MTL-ed "in a Frenzy" without thinking about the quality.

Supporter
Diamond quality translation.

Somehow the OCR caught the guild board texts, but not the phone and the vertical text at the end? Is there no human around to process the MTL-ed text? Makes me wonder if this "group" is actually just a bunch of bots.
Yeah, I was surprised to see a "T/N" at a point where it really wasn't needed and the context was clear after all the other garbled nonsense.

Dex-chan lover
can't shit just start in the fantasy world?
what's the point of starting with boring asshole salaryman on his daily commute?

Because it's wish fulfillment for boring salarymen/self-pitying losers. If you give someone a fantasy story it's just a fantasy story. But if you give them a story about someone "just like them" going on a grand adventure then it invites self-insertion and allows them to imagine themselves in the role. It's the reason isekai stories are popular; not for the fantasy adventure, but for the fantasy of being a beaten-down "normal" person who is suddenly whisked away to a better life where they're special and powerful with no additional effort on their part and can enjoy a leisurely, fun life where they get everything they want and can triumph over the types of people that harassed them in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread