An option to ignore duplicate chapter releases for read-chapters

Fed-Kun's army

Like in the picture above, I feel like it's unfortunate that it pops up again in my "updated" tab because another group uploaded an already existing chapter to the series, (when I already read it). It's not a very frequent problem, so it could just be a series-specific toggleable option (marked by a blue circle in the picture below), but I'd also be plenty happy if it was just an option toggle in the upper right corner (marked by the red circle in the picture below):

This toggle would therefore also "remove" (hide) the updates of new scans of older chapters! I hope this hasn't been said before :)

On another note, if it hasn't been said before, it'd be really nice for a smarter way to mark many chapters read at the same time!

Upvote 4
Custom title
Staff
Developer
Our stance on this so far has been (and I believe continues to be) a firm rejection.

Giving visibility to alternate releases in order to encourage groups to make them is an intrinsic part of our design. Doing otherwise, worst of all letting people hide them, means that sniping and rushing out low-quality chapters are rewarded. The meta will be to be the first group to release, as soon as possible, no matter what, because second place means nobody will ever even see your efforts. Speedscanning is tolerable for us, discouraging people from putting out high-quality material is not.

In a better world it would be easier to spot chapters you've already read even while keeping up the visibility, but read marker data is particularly difficult for us to work with so there are technical limitations to what we can reasonably do.

Users who are viewing this thread