Anata ga Shitekurenakute mo - Vol. 5 Ch. 38

@areticentreader
thank you for your comment. I agree that they need to divorce. All parties. It's not working out.

However, would you mind explaining why do you not agree with my reasoning? it's okay if you don't want to though

@Alex646 thanks for the comment

The fact of the matter is, Michi is still worse than You-chan.

Yes I am sure, already read the spoilers.

Well Michi also cheated so both are guilty. Fuck you

He wants more time to think for himself as to what steps he need to do. it is not apple to apple because the problem with glasses girl was not complicated. He just needs to apologize. The one with his friend was WAYY before he become detached with speaking up and talking the right way.

@Arkal97

SleepyAbra well people don't change overnight lol. It is a process and you need to appreciate it. What you want him to do? kill himself?
He neglected Michi and that was a piece of shit attitude. But the question is would you focus only on negative things in life? So people are expected to be always perfect?

The real issue is that You is not an emotionally mature person. Should he kill himself for his sins? No. What really should happen is that Michi should leave him. There is no point of any person to be stuck with a person (man or woman) who hasn’t been treating you well. Are people expected to be perfect? No, but that doesn’t mean that all actions are forgivable.

One issue here is that Michi thinks that he is getting better and their relationship is worth saving. She is chasing this vision she once had of him, which is probably never going to return (and may not have really been there to begin with). Sometimes it’s not worth it to be with someone who’s emotionally distant and/or immature. They are pretty much platonic roommates at this point. Life is to short to be chained to anyone who hurts you (physically or emotionally). Yeah, You trying to better himself is a good thing but it’s a long process and I think neither of them deserve to be stuck in an unhappy situation where both parties are lying to each other.

The one positive is that they have no kids and it looks like both can financially support themselves so splitting is easier.

@SleepyAbra you got it, bro. Or, honestly, You should leave her. I don’t think he’s truly had for romantic feelings for her for years while Michi is still desperately holding onto her feelings for him. If he truly is trying to be better then the right thing to do is to let her go and stop wasting years of her life.

@Arkal97
1) Sure, Michi cheated but at least she's actually trying to make her marriage work. She stopped her relationship so she could focus on fixing her marriage.
2) He's only doing those nice things out of guilt for cheating. He SHOULD do those things bcs he loves her and want to take care of her. He even states how surprised he is how happy she was from doing those things bcs he doesn't understand the significance of those actions. Also, he is literally always relieved bcs his wife stays at work not bcs he supports her but bcs he doesn't have to see her at home.
3) It's not that I'm focusing on negative things. All he does is just negative. Also, Niina isn't trying to be good to his wife bcs he has already given up. Compared to You, at least Niina is more resolute since he knows what he wants. Also, You doesn't even rlly have a wish, he just goes with the flow so I'm not ignoring what he wants bcs he doesn't even HAVE anything he wants. Again, he is only with Michi bcs he's comfortable with that life. He doesn't understand how unhappy his wife is. Soon enough, Michi's going to realize that helping at chores is the farthest thing You can do. He can't have sex with Michi bcs he views her as family and not as a romantic partner. At least Michi still has those feelings for him.

Double-page supporter
@Arkal97
Michi is still worse than You-chan.
It's a different point of view. A physical one-time cheating for somebody is still a cheating. Also You neglected her wife for years. She was desperate to find somebody close and cheated. While You cheated being drunk for no reasons. Just because.

Thank you so much for this huge update! The more I read this, more I want to know what is next. I'm hoping that all of them can be true with their own feelings.

@Arkal97 hmm well I'm still trying to figure out exactly how I feel about the characters and why, so sorry if my explanations don't make sense or are a little contradictory haha

i do agree that You doesn't really deserve this much more hate than the other characters. all of them are p gray (which to me is good bc that means that they're being developed), which is mostly why i like reading this series (although saying i enjoy it is kinda weird when i spend every chapter yelling at the characters to stop their pain and get divorced hahaha)

personally, i feel like cheating is cheating so the fact that You only cheated once while Michi had an ongoing affair doesn't really make him seem better in my eyes. they're just both in the wrong lol, and him trying to work on the marriage now without even coming clean to Michi doesn't seem enough. (this of course doesn't put Michi in the clear about hiding her own affair, so tbh i see them both in the same bad boat)

i don't really want to say that much about how he's trying to change now bc he's only just started, so i wanna give him some time before I judge his efforts too harshly, but i do feel like his reasons for starting to communicate and make an effort to treat Michi right are more self-serving than anything else. so right now I'm not really too excited about him changing bc it seems like if it doesn't get him the results he wants, he might revert back to how he was before. but we all have to start somewhere, i guess

but tbh i see what you mean about Niina just getting worse bc he wants to keep going with Michi and divorce hasn't even crossed his mind like he could at least separate from Kaede (i think that's his wife's name haha) before trying to pursue anything. (can you tell i just want them to all separate and stop needlessly hurting each other lol)

Fed-Kun's army
@Arkal97 True, some people would get mad if he was blunt and honest with what he wanted, but sadly the fact is that he didn’t say anything until now, and that played a part in why his marriage is going downhill.

Communication is a key factor.

Someone please tell me they get divorced and end up happy with the other characters....

cheating is CHEATING, no matter who initiate it or who got drunk. :)

I'm reading comments and still think about part how 'Michi is worse than You-chan', and wonder though. If You-chan got drunk and Michi initiate to have sex, will he going all the way? Tbh I think it will end up sleep like a log. Admit it or not, You excited with his co-worker and grew cold with his own wife. :)

From what I read, what Michi and Makoto have at beginning were morale support, they hv each other while being neglected by their spouses. Even if its still cheating, but still reasonable to happen (because of the conditions)

For Makoto's wife (I forgot her name, kaede?), basically you reap what you sow, and its beyond late to fix it.

It would be nice if they all divorced and move along with their own lives ~

Dex-chan lover
For the love of god the relationship between michi and you chan is just so hard to watch. While the man clearly cheating by having sex with other women and still trying to play victim, did you think it is normal to stay in marriage for a whole year without having sex and say "you put so much pressure on me by wanting to have sex"? dude you can get a boner to another woman but when your woman ask it you can't get it up and have a desire to do that for A WHOLE YEAR?? yes michi is also cheating by having a relationship with Niina, but this is only happening because you chan cannot desire her wife anymore

😲😳😲😲😲😲😲😲
*popcorn* *reading comments*
All comments sum up my thoughts.
😩 I envy countries with Divorce though. Annulment with my hubby is very tolling and a hassle.

Michi is hella pathetic. If one (AND one's partner) grow out of love might as well talk about open relationship while staying in marriage for basic needs (food, shelter) and security reasons. People seriously think that romance can last? lmao

Say that You-Chan cheating is not too bad because he was not the one who initiate it is a shitty excuse. He is an adult, he was fully conscious and he could have chose to refuse his colleague but he didn't. The reason why he is receiving so much hate is because he was able to have a sexual relationship with someone else while denying it to his own wife. It shows that he doesn't consider attractive anymore. Like someone said he is staying in this marriage only because it is convenient for him. He got someone taking of all the domestics chores while he keeps playing video games.

We need the younger female coworker who knows of the affair to major meddle by just straight up saying they should get a divorce. i've read so much of the manga so i'm like i am committed to the story but i feel like it's getting repetitive at this point; same issues, same poor communication. the progression is minuscule and boring

actually hmu in a few years when it's completed, i'll just read the last chapters

addition: @ SleepyAbra (fixed it lmao)

"One issue here is that Michi thinks that he is getting better and their relationship is worth saving. She is chasing this vision she once had of him, which is probably never going to return (and may not have really been there to begin with). Sometimes it’s not worth it to be with someone who’s emotionally distant and/or immature. They are pretty much platonic roommates at this point. Life is to short to be chained to anyone who hurts you (physically or emotionally). Yeah, You trying to better himself is a good thing but it’s a long process and I think neither of them deserve to be stuck in an unhappy situation where both parties are lying to each other." BEAUTIFULLY PUT! MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY (MY THOUGHTS TOO BUT MUCH BETTER WORDED)

@honeyteagold (i didn't say that but if you mean to add to what I said) i agree bc in all honesty You's progress probably won't be linear at all. he's still not really thinking of Michi as he tries to change (which is different from Kaede), and Michi isn't really thinking of him either as she tries to change him so it's just hurt all around

Users who are viewing this thread