Anata ni Sasageru Akai Bara - Ch. 11

@lesliestan - Asking someone who had experienced most of her life being abused physically, emotionally and mentally to "let themselves be loved" is both unrealistic and insensitive. It's like asking someone who's clinically depressed to "cheer up". Romance isn't a plaster you can slap on someone's wounds and call it a day. You couldn't heal trauma from love alone. What she needs is time and a supportive and understanding friend like Claude.

Get mad at the one who hurt, not the one who got hurt. She's not perfect, yes. But for her to "accept anyone's love", she must learn to love herself first.

That's just my two cents.

Double-page supporter
@Lucrecia

Nah no. She assumed them all on her own and the behavior of everyone in the palace reinforced that. The husband and the cousin already informed her ahead of time that they aren't like that time and again but she doesn't listen coz she's already decided period. I'm saying everyone's at fault for making all this into a big deal. It's all so melodramatic

Dex-chan lover
all I remember coming back to this update, it's a huge miscommunication.
I do find the characters woesome, but it's more of the author or how the protagonist is being portrayed. it maybe a cliche to one-decidedly break things off because "I don't deserved love" but that so much because the author hasn't given me anything to empathize with. every thing is quite fast... perhaps the novel did a better job but I'm not one for JP novels
this is like a third-rate drama mass-produce because they fail to properly make use of the actual material, when they introduce her family, I'm sure I felt sympathy but I can't say I understand her struggle but it's enough that the author doesn't make a mess of the consistency. (for example, their was by no means any foreshadowing for the prince. the fact the husband knows it's a fraud, that he was a prince, that said prince is gay question? he shows up conveniently to move the plot around, that sort of development is the same for the other characters.)

Orpheus is a faaking pussy nd emotionally inept nd Fila is imaginative beyond healthy. This whole ass misunderstanding is ironic lol

This manga is so melodramatic and the plot revolves mostly around everyone's inability to communicate properly. But it's interesting enough that I want to see how it ends. I just hope it doesn't drag on for much longer.

@NoireNowaru i would like to apologize if i offended you. i didn't mean to come off as someone who blames the victims. It is due to my poor english and i admit i wrote that comment impulsively and not seriously.
Of course ophelia suffered a lot and it's nice that she has Claude with her to figure out her feelings, but in my opinion she overcomplicates things. The whole i-runaway-in-the-heavy-rain seems reckless to me. Obviously Orpheus is at fault too for letting everything turn out this way. i definitely do not agree that love can fix everything.
I'm sorry that you had such experiences. I hope you are doing well.

@lesliestan - I'm not sure how you have come to the conclusion that I was pertaining to myself (about being abused) when I replied to your comment so let me make one thing clear: I wasn't pertaining to my own experiences. Did I however encounter people like her that's why I got offended on her behalf? Yes. There's many Ophelias when your line of work is psychiatry, so allow me to explain a bit more about the possible reason for her behavior:

She could not change how she overcomplicates things--it's not a tendency but a way of thinking and it's hard to get out of that negativity if all she experienced IS negativity. She doesn't have any other point of comparison. You couldn't really blame her for how she thinks if she doesn't know that what she's doing is wrong. She's also already an adult so it's difficult for her to change her behavior. Children are easier to correct because they are not old enough to think for themselves. Even with Claude's help, it's going to take some time. Heck, even with a therapist's help, it might even take her YEARS.

I appreciate your concern though despite the misunderstandings. I think it's more of the writer's fault. This isn't a very well-written series. The way they handled their characters is melodramatic. At least Ophelia's delusions are pretty close to the real thing--but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not especially with the writing quality. Orpheus can go suck a Richard. Ophelia needs to get out of her toxic marriage.

orpheus and ophelia are in love with each other and they are willing to do anything for the other's happiness, but orpheus fails to assure ophelia of his love since he, himself, isn't sure she loves him back due to her 'bad wife' persona she has been playing which she started because she misunderstood the nature of his relationship with his cousin and her past of being a victim of abuse lead her to make her own assumptions.
tl;dr talk to your partner instead of letting misunderstandings pile up

Like if Julius was honest about the cousin liking him or at least had the decency to leave the damn door open like she requested... not excusing Orpheus and Diana, they're equally selfish, but he could actually do something about it. Claude is a good friend and I hope he finds romance for himself as well.

Fed-Kun's army
Bruh this is so stupid and messy I love it. Like this is actually a good intentionally stupid story.

the ML is put aside too much, that does not make him endearing. I much prefer Claude, we should put him on the manga cover... but hey 🙄
No communication between
the main characters, which means that there are unnecessary problems where there shouldn't be...😒

Damn it, woman! You should stay with your gay bro/best friend and ignore that idiot husband of yours!

Stupid man, can’t even clarify to his wife that this cousin was in love with the butler. That would’ve solved the whole situation in one day!😡

Honestly if Orpheus didn’t lead with “I married you because it was my fathers dying wish” this situation would’ve probably been a bit better. Then there’s Julius has the bright idea to leave her in a closed room with her abuser, but to be fair he didn’t know he would hit her but like she requested for the door to remain open.. then there’s the servants and their inability to accept Ophelia even when both people in the rumor stated they weren’t in love. Honestly I’m just mad. I mean I feel like Ophelia shoulda just asked for the divorce but damn I do feel for her being told your husband doesn’t love you and you got in the way of his happiness would in fact hurt, then seeing him look at someone like that when he’s never really shown that expression to you? Devastating, and then you add on the phrase Orpheus said in the beginning? That just in my opinion puts the final nail in the coffin.

Users who are viewing this thread