Ane Naru Mono - Vol. 5 Ch. 34

Dex-chan lover
Soooooooooooo...

her power is not omnipotent? Feel like this is a setup for the uncle to break the contract and return the demons to their own world soon, since they are practically useless now because they can't grant him his desire; to resurrect the dead.

Double-page supporter
It seems Uncle may finally be able to come to terms with his sister's death, after all, if a goddess like her couldn't, he certainly gave it his best shot.

Dex-chan lover
@gaigous
Yeah, he doesn't really have the "I can move on from this" kind of feel to him. If anything he has the "maybe if I make myself even more miserable, the world will pity me more amd grant my selfish wish" kind of insanity vib.

Clearly he is beyond being just clinically depressed. I also imagine he has some form of severe obsession based mental issue. Not OCD per say, but he doesn't seem mentally able to just let things go without completely destroying himself. He is a perfect case of someone who was extremely complacent until it was too late, and is now trying to undo the past after it is way to late.

He also must deal with the fact that his current suffering is partially his own fault. Haru has her body and face because of him.

I know it's silly to pretend this is supposed to be cosmic horror, but what kind of lame-ass take on a Lovecraftian deity can't resurrect the dead? That's bush-league stuff even minor mortal sorcerers can do. Human minds and souls can be destroyed and recreated as easily as human bodies can; no part of us is special.

@squerl
She could be lying. There's probably a back story as to why she doesn't want to bring the dead back. Maybe she can bring them back but there's a side effect to the reincarnated soul. It's clear she tried at least once in her past and dose not want to try again.

Could be like an FMA-style resurrection, where it wasn't really them who got brought back. That's pretty in-line with Lovecraft. Nothing is ever simple.

Group Leader
I can’t remember if chiyo tried in the past with someone else or not, but I’m sure there is a reason why she can’t/won’t bring people back to life. If there is a way to bring people back from the dead server order if it will be like give a life take a life trade trade type of deal

Dex-chan lover
A more comprehensive understanding it's that for the Lovecraftian pantheon, life and death it's a meaningless duality, however, their powers are so out of scale that any display of power or mere manifestation comes with more of a mess than a desirable outcome (In The Dunwich horror, one brother is almost human and the other is a humongous blob).
It's not that they can't bring her back to life, but now that they understand the human scale and their insignificance, if they try, it will bring a catastrophe. Like trying to pick an specific needle in a mountain of needles and using a torch to clear the way.

Well, it could also mean something like Pet Cementery.... she might be able to resurrect a person body... but not their mind or soul for that matter..... even worse, something else could take their places...

Aggregator gang
It could be that this is a case of trying to use a screwdriver to do a hammer's job.
As The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young is associated with fecundity and life, raising the dead might be outside of her abilities. A different Out God/Great Old One more associated with the dead, like Byagoona, might be necessary to call back a dead spirit. Although, Nee-san could probably create a living body for the dead spirit to inhabit.

Users who are viewing this thread