Ane Naru Mono - Vol. 6 Ch. 37

If Haru is indeed a Hound of Tindalos, I'm very, very interested as to why she's stalking Yuu's uncle.

According to Lovecraft, they only appear when humans try to fuck with time. That being as vague as it is, it could mean anything from "being a time traveller but not violating the Prime Directive from Star Trek" to "imma kill Hitler in 1925 to prevent World War 2".

Assuming he's already tried to fuck around with time and summoned Chiyo to do so, how is he not dead? He's clearly fucked around with time enough to have one playfully stalking him.

(There's also Haru being seemingly unaffected by our world, though Lovecraft is extremely specific on that one. They can only move through (read: dimension-slipping) angles less than 120 degrees. Haru is not using her dimension-slipping abilities, but I'd wager she's feeling rather uncomfortable...)

Y'all arguing in the comments about the origins of a character whose author decided that his hentai character should get a wholesome spinoff.

Just stop being a bunch of nerds, and enjoy this wholesome shit.
nerddd.jpg

@General_Irons well because ngl it's interesting, specially if you're into lovecraftian crap, yes it's wholesome but it is also interesting and it's normal people want to discuss about it

Double-page supporter
If he does anything but gush about her true forms beauty...

@gaigous He will not be doing that. A rotting corpse is disgusting, as the story alludes to.

A Elder god, The Black Goat of the Woods at that, is not disgusting. An elder god is a being of dimensions imperceivable, of Awesome power terrible. This video is a good allusion to what an elder god is, and what terror it can inspire, and why. https://youtu.be/xj7O8mrO_wY

In all honesty, the uncle, and all cultists in Lovecraftian horror are idiots. They are attracting the attention of creatures whose understanding of the dimensions that humans exist in is woefully flawed.

edit: Fuck, just read this chapter. https://mangadex.org/chapter/1217850/1
The morality and basic common sense differs immensely.

@General Irons teach me to be as carefree as you. All I can see from this series is enough red flags to give the average human a heart attack

Double-page supporter
@spandxltd Not to worry, I'm very familiar with the mythos, and unless you've read ahead, you'll have to forgive my skepticism.

Dex-chan lover
So shes afraid that if he ever looks at her true form he will lose his mind?

@spandxltd Yeah, they're completely playing with fire. I can't fault the MC but the uncle should've known better even in his desperate state - these are beings that will fundamentally alter your perception of the world and all that's required if you seeing something that you shouldn't have ever seen. Seeing their true form could straight up break your mind. If you're familiar with SCP lore they're basically like cognitohazards but also infohazards and have a memetic component to them - simply knowing about them alters you and pushes you towards madness in some form or fashion.

For example lets look at the King in Yellow - Hastur. There's a bit of confusion as to what Hastur actually is but there's a play named King in Yellow and simply watching its acts causes madness in people - furthermore there's also the Yellow Sign.

The Yellow Sign is a fictional symbol or glyph, first described in Robert W. Chambers' book The King In Yellow. Its nature is unknown, but it seems to possess a strange siren call to the dark world of the King in Yellow and Carcosa, such that those who are exposed to it are doomed.

The only defense humans have, if you can call it as such, is to either have an immense will power to halt the spread of madness or simply embrace madness. There are no happy endings when humans involve themselves with the eldritch - at least no typically happy ending. Not sure if people would be happy if the MC embraces madness or succumbs to the corruption and turns into an eldritch being himself just to be with the FMC.

Dex-chan lover
Haru hinted several chapters ago about Chiyo-san's "true form" and wondered if Yuu-kun would still see his Onee-chan the same way after possibly witnessing it.

Chiyo is often seen as a humanoid goat demon with horns and feelers, and we accepted that as her true form for a while. If there's a truer version of Chiyo, like how Haru-san's original visage "looked" like (because that felt a heck of a lot more than just seeing)... then how much more ominous would Chiyo turn out to be?

Ngl, Yuu would still hug the heck out of Chiyo's true form. Much to Shub-Niggurath's potential embarrassment.

p.s. these dorks sure know how to chill
341157565_216617910997464_8952313369923936597_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread