Ane no Tomodachi - Ch. 10.1

Double-page supporter
I don't know about others in comments here, but this girl (who is like stray dog to the group) is annoying AF.. I don't know what to expect anymore.

Dex-chan lover
Good please leave it like that, dont go to love triangle route that the more she hangout with MC the more she falls in love

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad that the misunderstanding was squashed asap.

Imo, it's more like she's controlling of most aspects of their lives and has the say so of their relationship and how it progresses and how fast it does so. If she's feeling generous she'll let them have a day or so to hang out to a certain point, if not, then she's putting a roadblock up fast. So I definitely wouldn't call her great, however it works out for the group since the brother and best friend are pretty much subservient to her already.
Sorta... it's technically on both of them for having no guts and going for it....

Like, she actually gives them a lot of chances....

Dex-chan lover
Sorta... it's technically on both of them for having no guts and going for it....

Like, she actually gives them a lot of chances....
Maybe, but any "opportunity" she gives them, she makes sure to impede on the progress if it develops further then what she allows. And if the two of them try to meet up in secret, she would do the best of her ability to find out and/or intrude, like how she did with their date (if I remember right, she actually questioned the friend as to why she invited the brother instead of her). As for the two of them not having any guts, that's true, but I can't really blame them much for that, or at least not the brother since he was practically conditioned by the sister to be like that.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe, but any "opportunity" she gives them, she makes sure to impede on the progress if it develops further then what she allows. And if the two of them try to meet up in secret, she would do the best of her ability to find out and/or intrude, like how she did with their date (if I remember right, she actually questioned the friend as to why she invited the brother instead of her). As for the two of them not having any guts, that's true, but I can't really blame them much for that, or at least not the brother since he was practically conditioned by the sister to be like that.
She went against it like one time...

You need to remember, the 2 of them spend so much time together that it wouldn't be hard at all for them to get together....

This is basically the author just being too scared of having a relationship...

Dex-chan lover
She went against it like one time...

You need to remember, the 2 of them spend so much time together that it wouldn't be hard at all for them to get together....

This is basically the author just being too scared of having a relationship...
Sure the Author's the primary reason. But the author is using the sister as the tool to impede on their relationship. Just to give an idea of how much power the sister has over the two of them. She forbade the friend from actually visiting the brother during exam period (until said period was over), and friend actually honored the request. Why else do you think that the two of them act like they have to walk on eggshells around Sister and/or keep secrets from the sister, if the sister was actually cool with letting them being in a relationship and had no intention of impeding on them?

Dex-chan lover
Sure the Author's the primary reason. But the author is using the sister as the tool to impede on their relationship. Just to give an idea of how much power the sister has over the two of them. She forbade the friend from actually visiting the brother during exam period (until said period was over), and friend actually honored the request. Why else do you think that the two of them act like they have to walk on eggshells around Sister and/or keep secrets from the sister, if the sister was actually cool with letting them being in a relationship and had no intention of impeding on them?
Nah, while it's true she didn't let her disturb her brother during exam period, note that there was actually good reason... she didn't want her brother to fail his exams.

And yes, they are on egg shells.... cause she's till his sister.... so it's weird.

The 2 of them are already nervous just around each other... think about how much more embarrassing it is around another person.

So them walking on egg shells is more because they are nervous even by themselves and more embarrassed with her.

The issue is still them not having the guts to actually confess to each other. Even in America, a person would be embarrassed to show PDA in front of people, especially friends and family...

THEY are the ones dragging sh*t out....

She's not the reason they aren't together. She barely gets in the way.... they have way way way more than enough chances.

They are both just too cowardly to go out with each other...

Author used her as a vehicle to impede them on purpose like once... she isn't the thing keeping them apart.... it's them themselves...

And the author being a f***ing coward....

Dex-chan lover
Nah, while it's true she didn't let her disturb her brother during exam period, note that there was actually good reason... she didn't want her brother to fail his exams.
Considering that the brother is studious and keeps notes that he can lend out to classmates, it's unlikely that he'd a fail even if he spent some time with the friend. It's simply another example of the Sister's controlling actions and setting boundaries and limitations on the two. After all, the sister doesn't make any other attempt to stop the brother's other activities outside of school, nor does she actually check on him to make sure he studies and/or make any inquires about his academics. So it's not like she actually cares that much about how well he's doing, since he's not really struggling in the first place.

As for the rest, you say it's them dragging it out and not the sister. Yet each time they have an opportunity to progress the relationship possibly without the sister's presence, they actually take the chance to do so, and before things can progress, the sister intrudes upon it. The aquarium date for example, the sister went along despite not being invited and knowing that it was a date. The friend's birthday celebration, the sister came home and demanded dinner even though she could've stayed and/or ate with the assistant professor. Again, the author's the main cause, but they're using the sister, and not the two's embarrassment, to actually keep the status quo.

Dex-chan lover
Considering that the brother is studious and keeps notes that he can lend out to classmates, it's unlikely that he'd a fail even if he spent some time with the friend. It's simply another example of the Sister's controlling actions and setting boundaries and limitations on the two. After all, the sister doesn't make any other attempt to stop the brother's other activities outside of school, nor does she actually check on him to make sure he studies and/or make any inquires about his academics. So it's not like she actually cares that much about how well he's doing, since he's not really struggling in the first place.

As for the rest, you say it's them dragging it out and not the sister. Yet each time they have an opportunity to progress the relationship possibly without the sister's presence, they actually take the chance to do so, and before things can progress, the sister intrudes upon it. The aquarium date for example, the sister went along despite not being invited and knowing that it was a date. The friend's birthday celebration, the sister came home and demanded dinner even though she could've stayed and/or ate with the assistant professor. Again, the author's the main cause, but they're using the sister, and not the two's embarrassment, to actually keep the status quo.
1st, you need to understand that in Asia, exams are considered super important. It's not unusual for parents to ban their kids from playing with friends and stuff during that period. So it's actually very normal to stop them from meeting during that period of time.

2nd, And you notice on her birthday, she actually gave them enough time to confess. It's just that she also wanted to spend her birthday with her (cause she loves her a lot).

And for the Aquarium, she only got in the way once some dudes hit on the girl.... and she didn't really interrupt them that much (just went through the attractions that wouldn't actually get in the way of anything romantic...and after they played around together, she actually did give them a lot of time...

3rd, you need to remember that the 2 of them are actually together alone a LOT.... like, to the point that the 3 of them practically live together. Meaning, they actually have a LOT of time to go out together.

And they have so many opportunities to just confess and go out together that unless if the sister outright banned them from going out, they should easily be going out.... they have way too many chances...

And the sister actually isn't against them going out....

So it's just them being cowards.... which is really just the author dragging out the relationship for no actual reason...

Dex-chan lover
1st, you need to understand that in Asia, exams are considered super important. It's not unusual for parents to ban their kids from playing with friends and stuff during that period. So it's actually very normal to stop them from meeting during that period of time.
Except the sister only banned him from meeting with one person, she didn't ban him from anything else nor meeting with anyone else. Only the friend. Yeah, there's no way that she did that with the exams in mind, especially considering how smart her brother is in the first place.
2nd, And you notice on her birthday, she actually gave them enough time to confess. It's just that she also wanted to spend her birthday with her (cause she loves her a lot).
Funnily enough, the sister and friend had already made plans to celebrate her birthday another day. So that wasn't necessary, especially if she wanted her brother and friend to spend time with one another and actually progress their relationship. Not to mention, she hadn't made any mention to the brother or friend that she was giving them the go ahead.

Regarding the Aquarium date. There was no way that she knew her friend was being hit on, it's not like her friend sent a message asking for help. So why did she go in the first place if not to actually impede on the relationship.
I feel you are taking the sister's few interruptions way too seriously....
Not really, I've just seen what the effects of conditioning can do to a person. Anyway, until either the sister actually tells the brother and/or friend, that she gives them the go-ahead and to stop being a chicken and/or we get an arc where both the brother and friend had enough and rebels against the sister, their relationship isn't gonna progress much.

Good day.

Dex-chan lover
As expected, no love triangle in sight. Just a creepy cute girl fangirling over her senpai (I'll pray for a yuri ending for those two).
Also, having binged this serie, I can't get enough of this author's character designs... The girls are all way too good looking, and honestly, so are the boys.
Thanks for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
I love this manga if you read it in big chunks, but it is unbelievably slow because of how short the releases are and how much time is between them

Dex-chan lover
She doesn't even deny the "sneaky" part.

iu

Dex-chan lover

Regarding the Aquarium date. There was no way that she knew her friend was being hit on, it's not like her friend sent a message asking for help. So why did she go in the first place if not to actually impede on the relationship.
I agree. Tsukko is smart and MUST have known that this was supposed to be a date, and the only reason that she could even possibly block the Pickup Bros was because she was already there.
Not really, I've just seen what the effects of conditioning can do to a person. Anyway, until either the sister actually tells the brother and/or friend, that she gives them the go-ahead and to stop being a chicken and/or we get an arc where both the brother and friend had enough and rebels against the sister, their relationship isn't gonna progress much.

Good day.
Not only has he been trained to be subservient to his sister he also has the emotional damage he picked up (in the canon pre-serialization chapter 2 page 7):

Asahi: "I have developed a one-sided love towards her which was crushed once before, about two years ago."
-- overheard in background --
Tsukko: "He's a guy too. So unless you like him that way you should stop."
Hinako: "Ehhh - But he's so cute like a younger brother." (bold in original)

Users who are viewing this thread