Anemone is in Heat - Vol. 6 Ch. 31 - Desire

Dex-chan lover
These are manga JK's. It is not that easy to move on. People in the comments seem to be some kind of normies that think manga=real life, which is just not true. Riri's feelings are genuine, and genuine feelings are hard to shake off, especially since she holds them for two years now. Learn to emphasize on a deeper level or just stop typing comments.
Riri's feelings may be genuine but they aren't at all reciprocated. Nanjou made it clear that she will always like Hayama-sensei, but rather than accepting that, Riri wants Nanjou to confess for the chance of being rejected and having a chance to be with her. Now it'd be something else entirely if Hayama-sensei had no interest whatsoever in Nanjou, however that doesn't appear to be the case as Hayama-sensei does seem to share similar feelings with Nanjou.

now why we pity uda whos also in a similar situation?
I can't speak for others, but I emphasize more for Uda due to the fact that while Uda knows that Riri is in love with Nanjou, she still offers her support to Riri and resolved to be there and help no matter how much her heart aches. In short, she hopes for Riri's happiness and places it above her own. It's even worse when you consider that Uda, at times, has a front row seat to her two friends successful relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Riri's feelings may be genuine but they aren't at all reciprocated. Nanjou made it clear that she will always like Hayama-sensei, but rather than accepting that, Riri wants Nanjou to confess for the chance of being rejected and having a chance to be with her. Now it'd be something else entirely if Hayama-sensei had no interest whatsoever in Nanjou, however that doesn't appear to be the case as Hayama-sensei does seem to share similar feelings with Nanjou.
That backstory made Riri even more unlikable in my eyes. She even admit herself what she's doing was useless and borderline obsessive. Hell she was second away from wishing for Nanjou being rejected so she can console her. How can you pretend to love someone when you can't even wish them happiness?

Honestly, the way Nanjou responded to her constant aggression show just how mature she is. The nurse just got herself a gem of a girlfriend. I hope, for Uda's sake, that Riri will get a massive redemption arc. Otherwise, saddling Uda with Riri would be a crime against all things Yuri.

But wasn‘t it shown that Riri understands that It‘s wrong for her to wish for Nanjou‘s failure? It‘s just a feeling she had, she doesn‘t try to condone her desire or act on it.

Also, If I’m not mistaken, Hayama-sensei haven’t really tried to encourage Nanjou. For the longest time(prior to final year) it was just president’s one-sided show of affection to her school nurse, an authoritative adult, who is ought not to respond to such feelings of her charges. So, president too was an example of someone desperately clinging to her love, even though it might be quite troubling and hopeless.

I think romantic love usually means that you wish for mutual happiness, and may believe that it is you, who is able to provide that very happiness to the significant other. It might not be so altruistic, and could likely require personal considerations over feelings to reach some sort of selflessness.
As I see it, Ruri seems to finally come to terms with her feelings: she still loves president, It’s her honest feeling, but is content now with not having her love reciprocated.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
But wasn‘t it shown that Riri understands that It‘s wrong for her to wish for Nanjou‘s failure? It‘s just a feeling she had, she doesn‘t try to condone her desire or act on it.
Quite true, which is why I don't intend to fault her much regarding that (although I probably could've used past tense).
Also, If I’m not mistaken, Hayama-sensei haven’t really tried to encourage Nanjou. For the longest time(prior to final year) it was just president’s one-sided show of affection to her school nurse, an authoritative adult, who is ought not to respond to such feelings of her charges. So, president too was an example of someone desperately clinging to her love, even though it might be hopeless.
I wouldn't count Nanjou as being in the same situation as Riri. Because unlike Riri, who's chasing after someone who already refused her on the account of them already having someone they liked; Nanjou's chasing after Hayama-sensei, whose refusal to reciprocate Nanjou's affections seems to be due to the fact that Nanjou's still student as opposed to Hayama-sensei having no affection towards Nanjou and/or already has someone else whom she loves. After all, chapter 24.5 suggests that Hayama sensei does at least harbor some affection towards Nanjou (as for when it started, no idea), so Nanjou's efforts till this point weren't in vain.

Aggregator gang
Re-post from Dynasty Scans I made about people talking about this chapter. Sorry I'm a long-winded Yuri nut....

I'm really not seeing how people think Nanjou will reciprocate in any way to Riri. To me she is 100% fully devoted to the Nurse (forgot her name) and has shown zero interest in Riri romantically. Not only that, the nurse is 100% into Nanjou. I mean did anyone questioning the ship(s) actually read the last chapter before this? They both are totally smitten (Nurse+Nanjou that is) and Nanjou CLEARLY isn't into sharing her love.

Uda has no feelings (romantically) towards Nanjou, not even a hint and has proven to be very jealous over others getting close (ribbon arc). Riri has been pretty adamant about Nanjou loving only her, even going so far as badmouthing the nurse.

To me the most logical thing will be a massive confrontation between the three (Nanjou, Riri, Nurse), or something that launches Riri into a wave of depression. Or maybe even a final heart-to-heart talk between Riri and Nanjou that will give Riri closure (this is probably most likely as it fits the theme of the manga). I see absolutely zero chance of "poly". Honestly thank goodness. It would just not make any sense, also tbh I dislike it.

I would also like to point out Riri's wish for Nanjou to notice her just once. Just as Uda used her "once in a lifetime" wish, Riri used hers. This further supports my hunch that they will have a heartfelt talk and resolve things. In any case the wait resumes.

Dex-chan lover
In my opinion, it's way too drawn out (Riri Arc), its not like there's any sort of ambitious relationship.. She's been rejected more than once very clear and dry, what else does she need in order to stop interfering with Prez love life o_o Constantly being in Prez's ears with her 'I still love you', has to be one of the single most uncomfortable things in Prezs school life x-x
I wouldn't count Nanjou as being in the same situation as Riri. Because unlike Riri, who's chasing after someone who already refused her on the account of them already having someone they liked; Nanjou's chasing after Hayama-sensei, whose refusal to reciprocate Nanjou's affections seems to be due to the fact that Nanjou's still student as opposed to Hayama-sensei having no affection towards Nanjou and/or already has someone else whom she loves. After all, chapter 24.5 suggests that Hayama sensei does at least harbor some affection towards Nanjou (as for when it started, no idea), so Nanjou's efforts till this point weren't in vain.
The situation of Nanjou and Riri aren’t exactly the same, they have different dimensions, but they also share similarities.

Although Nanjou knows that Hayama won‘t respond to her feelings any time soon, she still was persistently trying to show her love. Ruri also knew that president won’t easily choose her, but was nevertheless trying.

Both were likely making it troublesome for their loved one. The nurse could get in trouble with student acting that way towards her. And Ruri might have been hurting president emotionally.

Both actually may have had some hope, even if in Ruri’s case it was mostly unfounded storywise. President might hope that Hayama will answer her feelings when she graduates and becomes an adult(and we know it is very probable that Hayama indeed likes Nanjou). Ruri might have deemed Nanjou’s love almost impossible due to the status difference and thought that it is too hurtful for her, therefore thinking she may have a chance if president’s love got unfulfilled.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The situation of Nanjou and Riri aren’t exactly the same, they have different dimensions, but they also share similarities.
No arguments on that. Nanjou's persistence certainly caused trouble for Hayama-Sensei, especially considering her position as a Nurse at the school. But in the case of hope, only Nanjou had any actual hope and aspiration, which was to wait until her graduation and confess to Hayama-sensei. Riri's hope (more like desire imo) bordered on the possibility of Nanjou getting rejected and hurt, in which she may have a shot at confessing, even though Nanjou had already rejected her. I'm probably being too hard on Riri, but I honestly can't sympathize or empathize with characters like her.

Dex-chan lover
That backstory made Riri even more unlikable in my eyes. She even admit herself what she's doing was useless and borderline obsessive. Hell she was second away from wishing for Nanjou being rejected so she can console her. How can you pretend to love someone when you can't even wish them happiness?
I mean, I hate to state the obvious, but remember that these are teenagers we're talking about.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I hate to state the obvious, but remember that these are teenagers we're talking about.
I know it's fiction and I know it's teenagers. But when you have Uda praying for Riri's smile on one hand and Riri praying for Nanjou being rejected on the other, I'm just gonna to say... It's clear some teenagers have healthier ways to deal with rejection... Just like IRL...

Dex-chan lover
I can't speak for others, but I emphasize more for Uda due to the fact that while Uda knows that Riri is in love with Nanjou, she still offers her support to Riri and resolved to be there and help no matter how much her heart aches. In short, she hopes for Riri's happiness and places it above her own. It's even worse when you consider that Uda, at times, has a front row seat to her two friends successful relationship.
Uda also hasn't actually confessed to Riri and been rejected. She tries to keep up her genki persona to mask her real feelings and pain. Riri, in comparison, is open about her feelings and continues to get rejected time and time and time again. Uda is, ultimately, a selfless character who puts other peoples' happines before her own... to her own detriment. Riri, in contrast, is a selfish character who cares only for her own happiness even if that happiness would come at the expense of others.

Dex-chan lover
No arguments on that. Nanjou's persistence certainly caused trouble for Hayama-Sensei, especially considering her position as a Nurse at the school. But in the case of hope, only Nanjou had any actual hope and aspiration, which was to wait until her graduation and confess to Hayama-sensei. Riri's hope (more like desire imo) bordered on the possibility of Nanjou getting rejected and hurt, in which she may have a shot at confessing, even though Nanjou had already rejected her. I'm probably being too hard on Riri, but I honestly can't sympathize or empathize with characters like her.
Nanjou’s dreams may seem much more sensible partly because we as readers have a better situational understanding, not limited to one character’s perspective. Riri and president herself are likely not sure of sensei’s feelings, or may even think she is not interested at all, taking her
discouragement for rejection. So, Riri may think that Nanjou needlessly and frustratingly tires herself out for a hopeless cause, just like readers think Ruri does. Either way, Riri‘s closure be it positive or negative is dependent on president’s own closure, so there are no other love hopes for her that don’t have someone hurt.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Was this love chain really necessary?
Once it stopped being about a cool couple forming and devolved into Another Yuri Manga (TM) it all became unnecessary.

Best friend unrequited love exists already and becomes the main story because they author didn’t plan past “they’re dating”☑️
Student Council President love triangle☑️
School Nurse☑️
etc…

I skim anything that isn’t cute moments between them at this point.

Dex-chan lover
With series like Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau getting destroyed by pointless drama, you really come to appreciate this one not falling into that pattern.

Aggregator gang
Uda also hasn't actually confessed to Riri and been rejected. She tries to keep up her genki persona to mask her real feelings and pain. Riri, in comparison, is open about her feelings and continues to get rejected time and time and time again. Uda is, ultimately, a selfless character who puts other peoples' happines before her own... to her own detriment. Riri, in contrast, is a selfish character who cares only for her own happiness even if that happiness would come at the expense of others.
^This 100%.

I have digested over 250 Yuri Anime, Manga, and Light Novels and absolutely love and adore Anemone. Easily in my top 10. HOWEVER! (lol) Wow did I 180 on Riri so fast that my neck almost snapped. I first thought she was adorable, although very pushy and tiptoes on the edge of crazy-obsessed with Nanjou; seeing her talk with Nagisa at the cafe made me temporarily forgive her because she seemed to really be reflecting on her actions and SEEMED to repent. It was very sweet when she met with Uda after.

Of course, everything after really spiraled out of control after Uda "helped" her during the cultural festival. After this she had her obsessive reserves re-filled and started her selfish antics again.

Looking at it now having stepped back this is a clear lesson on being honest with yourself and others (Uda), and not being selfish respecting others (Riri). Simplified of course but that's what I feel this arc is going to try and portray... hopefully. lol

Users who are viewing this thread