Anemone is in Heat - Vol. 6 Ch. 35 - Sensei

Dex-chan lover
i was more to the point of you can depict things as much as you want, that doesn't confer endorsement. Criticism solely on those grounds is not well politically informed nor adequate in a literary sense.
…I didn’t state otherwise.
I said it’s gross, and it’s a a bad trope. The trope and it generally romanticising such things. Even subverting the trope involves depicting it. (Plus, post-modernism as a whole can get pretty pretentious very fast)
Again, you misunderstood where I am coming from. The context of to whom I was speaking limited the scope of what I was saying.

Criticism of that stuff is the minority for depictions in mainstream anime/manga, unfortunately, so I didn’t get fine-grained, especially since I was talking to someone who thinks such things are awesome to the point they’re part of their identity.

Banned
cool nice job using slurs. "people who use the word 'trans' (with some other vague qualifier im totally not a frothing bigot guys) are [slur]" excellent point that doesn't make yourself sound like freak. trans and queer people are going to continue to read yuri despite your frothing and the media itself is only gonna get more queer and more trans in the coming years. Christ dude. Theres a far cry from "hey maybe we shouldn't go around thinking depiction = endorsement", and your absolute ignorance.
What are you even talking about lmao
you can’t separate art from your identity.
Oh, the irony. You need some quality introspection.
I been here longer than you. Probably before you were born.
You have not even been longer on these forums than me.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What are you even talking about lmao

Edit: Let's engage. Let's try it. Can you tell me why the concept of "moe" works in 2D but not in 3D, in real life?
Please depart from whatever goon cave you dwell in if you are unironically calling real life "3D" that is easily the most debased thing anyones said in this thread. You might as well be saying why does Tragic Backstory work in fiction but not Real Life. All artistic tropes derive from real life and these things do not squarely translate to one another as simply as your argument is contingent upon. It seems youre also incapable of discerning fiction from reality if you can only conceive of the former as wholly divorced from reality.

Banned
It seems youre also incapable of discerning fiction from reality
I literally am able to do exactly that by pointing out that 2D is not the same as 3D multiple times in here. I ask you again, and try to answer it this time properly: Why do you think the concept of "moe" works in 2D, but not in real life?

Dex-chan lover
I literally am able to do exactly that by pointing out that 2D is not the same as 3D. I ask you again, and try to answer it this time properly: Why do you think the concept of "moe" works in 2D, but not in real life?
I have no stake in whatever about "moe" it literally does not matter, I don't care about whether it "works" or whatever i just know that people do use it linguistically within otaku fandom spaces regardless of your personal feelings (idol otaku particularly lol, vtubers that are also blurring your line). Youre clearly going way too far in conceiving of a "2D" that is very very distant from real life is my point. Especially if this is such a vital question. My precious moe11!!!11!!11!

Banned
I have no stake in whatever about "moe" it literally does not matter, I don't care about whether it "works" or whatever i just know that people do use it linguistically within otaku fandom spaces regardless of your personal feelings (idol otaku particularly lol, vtubers that are also blurring your line). Youre clearly going way too far in conceiving of a "2D" that is very very distant from real life is my point. Especially if this is such a vital question. My precious moe11!!!11!!11!
You literally can't enage with the question in an honest way and we both know why. You can't answer it propery because deep down you know i have a point but you are so mindbroken by online progressivism that you are unable to do so. What works in 2D, works in 2D because it's 2D. That's the beauty of it.

Archetypes like the "tsundere" work because it's 2D but it could never work in real life. This age-gap couple works and is able to be wholesome because it is 2D. The author makes wholesome stories. Their work got greenlit by an editorial process that thought of this story as cute. Why? Because they actually understand 2D and the subculture. And people like YOU want to tell me you know manga better than manga artists, manga editors and actual fans of this medium?

Kindly, fuck off. This is not your medium and you should have been gatekept. You guys are the ones that can't make a clear line between 2D and 3D.

Dex-chan lover
I literally am able to do exactly that by pointing out that 2D is not the same as 3D multiple times in here. I ask you again, and try to answer it this time properly: Why do you think the concept of "moe" works in 2D, but not in real life?
“Why do I like drawings of this thing, but not a similar thing in real life? It must be mAaAAagicaaaaaaal!”

Dex-chan lover
You literally can't enage with the question in an honest way and we both know why. You can't answer it propery because deep down you know i have a point but you are so mindbroken by online progressivism that you are unable to do so. What works in 2D, works in 2D because it's 2D. That's the beauty of it.

Archetypes like the "tsundere" work because it's 2D but it could never work in real life. This age-gap couple works and is able to be wholesome because it is 2D. The author makes wholesome stories. Their work got greenlit by an editorial process that thought of this story as cute. Why? Because they actually understand 2D and the subculture. And people like YOU want to tell me you know manga better than those?

Kindly, fuck off. This is not your medium and you should have been gatekept. You guys are the ones that can't make a clear line between 2D and 3D.
“You won’t go along with my absurd, self-serving premise, therefore you are wrong”.
”I like this thing when it looks like this because I like it when it looks like this” isn’t an argument.

All you have said is “I like tropes”. “Tsundere“ is an archetype. Japanese media is built around melodrama, going back to Kabuki and Noh.
European storytelling focuses on ”the hero‘s journey“ and black and white concepts of good and evil.
Jewish stories follow a character or group of them with various anecdotes along the way that are pertinent to the main point, and once the point is made, they just stop.

We get it. You think Japan is a magical land of mystical, perfect art.

You’re wrong. It’s just another normal place with normal people leading normal lives.
I like it there. Liked it both times I was there. I prefer the countryside to the city.

Banned
“You won’t go along with my absurd, self-serving premise, therefore you are wrong”.
”I like this thing when it looks like this because I like it when it looks like this” isn’t an argument.

All you have said is “I like tropes”. “Tsundere“ is an archetype. Japanese media is built around melodrama, going back to Kabuki and Noh.
European storytelling focuses on ”the hero‘s journey“ and black and white concepts of good and evil.
Jewish stories follow a character or group of them with various anecdotes along the way that are pertinent to the main point, and once the point is made, they just stop.

We get it. You think Japan is a magical land of mystical, perfect art.

You’re wrong. It’s just another normal place with normal people leading normal lives.
I like it there. Liked it both times I was there. I prefer the countryside to the city.
You quite literally just "don't get it". It's so amusing.

So, anything else?

Dex-chan lover
"You guys are the ones that can't make a clear line between 2D and 3D." Says the person using "3D" unironically lmfao.

Banned
You clearly don’t.
Gotcha. Anything else?

"You guys are the ones that can't make a clear line between 2D and 3D." Says the person using "3D" unironically lmfao.
Archetypes like the "tsundere" work because it's 2D but it could never work in real life. This age-gap couple works and is able to be wholesome because it is 2D. The author makes wholesome stories. Their work got greenlit by an editorial process that thought of this story as cute. Why? Because they actually understand 2D and the subculture. And people like YOU want to tell me you know manga better than manga artists, manga editors and actual fans of this medium?
Never forget it.

I gotta say though, it feels really good that people like you guys have zero power over the direction of anime and manga. It feels good to know that all you can do is spew your retardation on internet forums, unable to change anything. It feels good to know that the subculture is is driven by actual fans. And i know for a fact that this is something that people like you hate the most. And i love it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Never forget it.

I gotta say though, it feels really good that people like you guys have zero power over the direction of anime and manga. It feels good to know that all you can do is spew your retardation on internet forums, unable to change anything. It feels good to know that the subculture is is driven by actual fans. And i know for a fact that this is something that people like you hate the most. And i love it.
I literally do not disagree that it is fine to depict age gaps but you are literally making the shittiest argument in favor.

Users who are viewing this thread