Angel or Villainess - Ch. 12

Double-page supporter
@HelloHound Obviously she's going to go all Makima on this bitch. She's gonna trick her into thinking she was given happiness, but she was actually the one being manipulated.

Ugh, this scummy girl 🤢

Lmao, true, I'm stanning for our MC's revenge, but certainly I wouldn't have that much patience

Dex-chan lover
I like that it doesn't feel like Jayna has the answer to everything and still gets shaken up by things. It humanizes her, I guess. Not that I don't like stories where the MC know it all, they're enjoyable in their own way.

Wonder if she hopes to go out and be seen more publicly with Jayna, while trying on cute dresses? So then more rumors about her beauty come out. I imagine she wants to compete more with our MC considering the sheer number of invitations she had stacked (seriously, how do letters stack that high so neatly, that's insane lmao).

I'm excited that the first of the 2 noble ladies to not mess with is the princess. Makes me hope that when eventually Angela tries to make a move on the prince that princess comes in to KILL (literally or socially, I wouldn't mind). Love to see other sharp-minded, ruthless noblewomen.

This manhwa feels like a typical Chinese "evil stepsister" story. The protagonist will spend 1000 chapters getting petty victories against scheming characters, all while promising some grand revenge that doesn't come until the series is almost over.

Jayna should have capitalized on the sacking of Rona to continue turning her dad against Angela. "Hey Dad, why don't we find a nice house for Angela to move into, just outside the city, and get a nice fiance (not too powerful) for her?" Without her father's support, Angela has zero recourse in society.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't understand why the bitch with white hair hates our mc....

@um3i Considering she speaks the language of some defeated kingdom that her homeland was originally part of, I imagine she was probably someone very influential or had some noble bloodline in that kingdom before it was ruined. So she probably thinks she deserves all the riches and fame, and resents that someone like Jayna who never had to suffer or live in poor conditions got everything without trying. Probably resents the kingdom itself to some extent (I imagine they defeated the Laurel kingdom?) and wants to take the highest position in the country to spit in the faces of the people who defeated her people.

That'd be my guess, anyway. It could be some other reason but the "fallen kingdom" set up makes smth along these lines likely.

Aggregator gang
@um3i: that's because of
her mother's delusions. Angela's mother loved Jayna's father, but the father married Selena (Jayna's mother), and Angela's mother had to marry baron Vito (Angela's father) due to the king's order because Vito was a war hero. Vito mentally suffered from the war - like PTSD, he donated all his wealth to the poor, so he and his family had to live in poverty, he was a hard drinker and even physically abused his wife when he was drunk. Angela used to kill and torture small animals when she was young, there was one time Jayna's father brought his family to visit Vito (they were friends), the young Jayna saw an injured animal (the poor thing was tortured by Angela) and pitied it and wanted to help it, Angela saw that so she hated Jayna. Then when she went home, she saw Selena and admired how beautiful she was, then her mother told her that all the luxury Selena and Jayna had would have belonged to Angela and her mother if the duke married her instead of Selena

The fact that Jayna doesn't actually KNOW everything from the past makes this all the more interesting

Thank you so much, A Parody Scans for another update :"> 😍

And oh, girl. Really, Angela. You really have the audacity huh. How thick is your face. If I was Jayna, I could have pulled her hair. No one disturbs my sleep. Or else. Ugh, Angela. I am so waiting for your sweet sweet downfall~ 😍😍😍

Dex-chan lover
@AnimefangirlX
No, those stories go like this.

Evil stepsister gets put in her place consistently and then begs her mother.
Mother gets put in her place and then begs father/Aunt/Grandma.

Then she bones the Rich CEO and wins.
The End.

@Khulmach
Correct, except when it's a Rich CEO, she usually bones the Rich CEO in volume 1 and has a baby and travels abroad for 5 years.😆
It's the Rich But Cold and Dangerous Prince who has to wait till the end to get the girl.

Users who are viewing this thread