Ani no Yome to Kurashite Imasu. - Vol. 9 Ch. 89 - Diary 89

Dex-chan lover
@ispcizero3rd I was pretty sure Heidi was a trans, especially after we saw his room a bit earlier and how his brother was acting, turns out he is "just" gay. We all got jebaited.

Double-page supporter
Wait Heidi's ex wasn't dead all along? I'm feeling all sorts of betrayed rn

Fed-Kun's army
This chapter was very comedic with those extreme faces. It was also the moment where I started skimming through the pages while half-halfheartedly reading Heidi's story.
Like what the fuck is his problem? Buhuu, my ex dumped me cuz he was a coward and I hate him so much now! Now Heidi is merely a trans-with-idiotic-mental-problems-stereotype asshole that I cannot relate to. There better be more to it like an actual really DEAD ex to justify his shitty reason for anger.
I'm looking forward to find out how Heidi reacts to Nozomi's story which is tentimes more traumatic than his petty problem.

Dex-chan lover
@3RDp the fudge? Why “mental problems”? Just because he hates to have been dumped for a stupid reason? He has all the rights to be sad and angry about it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
there’s no way of knowing what Heidi’s deal is just yet. It’s totally plausible that dating a trans women is in itself seen as making a man gay in Japan, and therefore needing coming out about. Heck, it’s like that in a lot of the anglosphere. Plus we don’t know if the author really understands the difference, and nor do we know how gendered the language and speech was before translation.

Also, c’mon, “a trans”? do you still say “a gay”?

Dex-chan lover
w8 what do you guys mean heidi is gay? they met at a trans bar. I thought it was kinda established that heidi was a trans person?

tbh from her story if my ex said that they wanted to move on and have a "normal" marriage after 8 years , I would be fucking livid

yeah, no, I mean, Heidi could be a gay crossdressing man or just a trans woman, and they could also be a bisexual, but like I hope they're just a gay crossdresser because dang I don't want Nozomi to be with them, g. And Heidi being gay means they will have no chance being with Nozomi in the end (because hey, we know how romance work, right?)

It's not about me being homophobic or whatever, but labeling someone DEAD because he chose to break up with you, no matter how cruel he was, is just not right. And I certainly don't want to see Nozomi with a person who will just label their ex DEAD when Nozomi here lost her husband for real.

Not to mention, Heidi's ex was just wanting to break up, what the fudge? He is not exactly in the wrong for wanting to break up. His phrasing was that of an ahole but wanting to break up with your lover is NOT an evil thing. Heck, I broke up with a girl I dated for 8 years too, I hate her still, but I don't blame her for not loving me anymore

You can argue like, "So, he just left Heidi even after everything they did today, wtf?" But bro, this is romance we're talking about, not charity nor political marriage. You can save someone from death and still not being loved, romantically speaking. Gratitude and love are separate matters.

ALL IN ALL, anyway, I don't like this Heidi character. NOT because they're gay or trans, but because of their shitt* character, alright? Labeling someone dead just because you hate them is not a right thing.

Fed-Kun's army
@Richman
Ah, I get it. I get what you mean. It feels like the writer team has run out of ideas. I personally think the RWBY world was built poorly. It's like one key member left the chatroom and the whole room went crazy =))

Aww, come on Omni, you can touch us all you like
... wait.

Dex-chan lover
@AtlasM

I mean if people were rational in love and relationships it will be more like political marriages tbh. And I don't think we know how long ago they broke up so she is still in the fuck u stage and is still processing it.

I think she is here as a guide for Nozomi to the next step of moving on cause for Heidi atleast she acknowledges that she has and can imagine a life post her ex. Nozomi still can't imagine a life without thinking of her husband and only at the end she admits it. considering how much this story is bait and not actual romance I don't think this will be a relationship

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@yurirei
imo, it is not that they run out of ideas, it is that they struggle to execute and develope their ideas.

@lastKANAshimi

It is said in this chapter that Heidi and the ex broke up not too long ago. It was also hinted by Ritsuko that she hoped "the both of them can move on," basically. So while I agree that Heidi is still in the process of letting him go, it doesn't change the fact that it is wrong to just label someone dead just because you hate them.

Aside from that, I don't think Heidi will be the guide for Nozomi. If I read the situation right, they'll most likely be helping each other out of their situation. I can see that Heidi is in extreme pain, as they even said, "What do you want me to do, g? My lover is dead," to their brother when the brother told Heidi to, "Do something about yourself."

And so regardless of the manga's pattern, if Heidi and Nozomi will be helping each other out, it is also possible for them to develop some romantic feelings—which I don't approve because Heidi's way of coping is just wrong. It's wrong to mark someone dead just so you can feel better about losing them. "Oh, they're dead. They're not actually leaving me behind to get married with someone else!" I can't sympathise with them, the backstory feels forced. It'd be better if the ex were truly dead and Heidi's taking it like a champ (like accepting the death despite being very much in pain, as opposed to Nozomi) and then probably—just probably—I can sympathise with Heidi.

In short, I don't approve of Heidi helping Nozomi. This whole thing is giving me a bad vibe. I don't want Heidi's mindset on Nozomi. I really have a bad feeling about it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Richman
Clearly I have different idea then you. I believe they hit block writing. Because of that, they have to take out the timeskip card to have a slightly soft reset story.

This is getting boring , by now it's better to put this off and come back when there is more out. Volume 9 is really weak imo

Users who are viewing this thread