Anime Season 2018

I had high hopes for Tokyo Ghoul:Re - I don't even know why I thought it'd be any better than the previous seasons - but it's still a big disappointment
Luckily there are BNHA and Shokugeki no Soma to satisfy my soul ~

Group Leader
@akeno i still think tokyo ghoul re is good, but they leave out so many important details. ex-> mutsuki and torso scene in the car and the kaneki chin rub, the chin rub is such a small detail but it means so much idk why studio clown thought they could leave it out

Contributor
I personally think Violet Evergarden on Netflix in one of the best animes this season. Based off the light novel series of the same name, it's beautifully animated with exceptional music and sound, and the story and pacing is parts gripping and heart-breaking.

The narrative follows a soldier doll in a recently post-war society who attempts to learn what love is via becoming a ghost writer for those unable to write letters for whatever reason (let's assume they do not know how to read or write, or perhaps they're utter crap with words).

It's so. Freaking. EMOTIONAL. The main character is a bad ass, with some fantastically animated action scenes to boot, and her journey to understand what emotions are will make even the most hard-hearted and jaded nihilists shed a single tear. I myself, cried probably 8 out of 13 episodes to varying degrees; from sniffles to outright sobbing. It's. That. Good.

It is essentially a historical/period drama, slice of life, which tells it's story episodically; a necessity for taking breaks when watching else you might find yourself in a depression at how dark this series can get. Despite this, the anime has a very uplifting and fresh feel to it, so each episode, no matter how sad it may be or how much it may make you want to cry, will make you feel cathartic at it's end.

I cannot recommend this anime or it's light novel more highly. It is definitely in my top ten and it sure to become a classic.

People talk always talk about AOTS, AOTY, but for me, this is Anime Season Of The Year. Even just for the weekends, I've got 7 shows I follow (8 if you include the continuing Darling in the FRANXX).

Megalo Box
HeroAca
GunGale Online (Surprisingly fun. Don't judge it simply for being a SAO spinoff)
Devil's Line
FMP Invisible Victory
Persona 5
Love Is Hard For an Otaku
Steins Gate 0
Souma
Tada-kun
3D Kanojo
Gundam Build Divers

I'd probably have dropped 2-3 shows by the time the season ends, but still a lot more that what I usually watch per season.

The top tier shit I follow:

Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
Megalo Box
Hinamatsuri
Golden Kamuy - Manga is better, but I guess it's still a watchable anime
Hisone to Maso-tan
Lupin III: Part 5

MD@Home
Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Full Metal Panic IV, Tada Never Falls in Love, and Mahou Shoujo Ore for me. Since I'm already avidly reading Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii, I don't feel like watching it beyond the trailers I've seen (animated Hirotaka is HAWT!!! though, for sure!)

The seasons as of late haven't had much to offer. But so far, this season, I've really come to like Darling in the Franxx since it sort of reminded me of Eureka Seven / AO & Neon Genesis Evangelion. Aside from that I'm watching The Kings Avatar, Tada Never Falls in Love and Love is Hard for an Otaku.

I just found out there was a new season of Full Metal Panic so I'm pretty excited to watch that after so long.

lol anyone watching new season of full metal panic?
I didnt watch cuz i will prob have no idea whats going on since its been many years since I have watched fmp

I only watched a few series and there's only 3 series that I sticked around and the others are dropped.
I want more of IDOLiSH7, loving WOTAKOI and I'm excited to know how Tada Never Falls in Love will end.

Group Leader
current season:
basilisk - ouka ninpouchou
darling in the franxx
golden kamuy
grancrest senki
hinamatsuri
legend of galactic heroes
steins gate 0
tokyo ghoul:re

next season plans:
sg0 continuation
overlord s3
isekai maou to shoukan shoujo no durei majitsu
flcl progressive

possibly checking out:
shichisei no subaru
tenrou: sirius the jaeger
lord of vermilion: guren no ou
happy sugar life
kyoto teramachi sanjou no holmes
planet with
tsukumogami kashimasu

summer season is the first one in a while that didn't have much i was sure i was going to watch

Contributor
For Fall 2018

Goblin Slayer is dark/realistic but I like that. It's a nice change of pace and add some seriousness to the normal fantasy genre.

Reincarnated as a Slime. WTF? I love goblins now. I read the WN and it's doing a pretty good job. It's funny, the animation is good, I hope it gets more seasons.

Conception. Yeah I knew of the game is based off of and except it to be silly. It is, but despite that and the obvious lack of character development that should be expected. I'm enjoying it. The MC is pretty funny and surprisingly that sexual harassment bear is not annoying. Plus sex.

Fed-Kun's army
Sorry but Goblin Slayer feels like it was written by that edgy friend from middle school who played Pen&Paper RPG but always ended making stupidly violent/retarded characters (like taking piss into skulls of previously killed goblins etc.) . Don't expect anything from it and you are in clear. Most important DON'T (i repeat DON'T) expect it to be on Berserk level of writing. Just because someone is getting brutally mauled or raped in fantasy setting doesn't means it's similar to Berserk...

Karakuri Circus seems promising, and if they can adapt source material properly it easily will be the best anime of this season. Watch it especially if you liked Ushio to Tora.

Goblin Slayer turns into a healing SoL adventuring story six chapters in.
Berserk is overrated. It hasn't been good for at least the last thirty chapters, which is like ten years worth of waiting.
Berserk having better writing is true, but it is because Goblin Slayer doesn't exactly set a high bar there, not because Berserk has high tier writing.

I am watching Goblin Slayer, Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru and Gaikotsu Shoten’in Honda-san.

Im loving JJBA Part 5 so far and Double Deckers

And as for already aired anime from past seasons this year, I appreciate the anime adaptation I was reading which is Doreiku

Also along with gender bender comedies that came out totally out nowhere like: Mahou Shoujo Ore and another manga Ive been reading, Backstreet Girls: Goku Dolls

Dex-chan lover
This season it is just been about Bloom Into You, man. I'm in love with this adaption and so well done and so true to the manga.
The pacing, the pacing is also off the charts as well. It's as methodical and deliberate as the manga has been. I really hope this does well.

Users who are viewing this thread