Ano Hito no I ni wa Boku ga Tarinai - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - The White One.

Dex-chan lover
Dunno... but I'm pretty sure pulling someone's ears would make them hurt like shit, not make them give "that" reaction, whatever the fuck it was...

Dex-chan lover
>ear handjob
Okay
Also I doubt she cares where she lives as long as they are together. But he wants to stay at his house so she will stay with him. Maybe once the mom mystery is finished they will go back again.

Dex-chan lover
I hate this kind of trope
"Haha we almost killed all of you, we are sorry lmao"
ps. Get Fucked

And then the enemy got away scot-free.
And that little shit doesn't feel sorry or apologize.
Atleast she got earjobbed.

I noticed it early on in this series, but I just felt like commenting on it now. I think this series does a good job of having moments, but is poor at maintaining a consistent world/character arcs. (Plot devices are conveniently introduced, many things are left unexplained, characters' motivations and actions feel at odds at times) What kind of let me down this time was how the young charmling girl (Izumi) addresses the thing coming out of herself as a separate entity, even earlier they note that the girl is a puppet, a persona, put forth by the charmling. All the sudden Izumi-chan is in control? When she's talking to the thing out of her back that would be like a puppeteer using a puppet to talk to themself. You could argue that is what is happening, but based on how the charmling behaved before this seems unlikely. The author is redefining what the charmling actually is.

I love the art and the main relationship, but the capricious developments and lack of explanation within the story holds this series back from being truly great, rather than just good.

Another battle that ends with a weird out of nowhere plot twist that feels extremely unsatisfying. I like the art and the world but honestly it feels rather aimless. Like the mangaka themself doesn't know what they want to do with it.

Dex-chan lover
I have to admit, whilst it feels a tad anti-climatic, I do like how natural the conflict between staying with the one you love and returning home with those close to you is. Damn, are these characters strong.

That's because "damnation" means "to condemn" or "to send to hell." It comes from the Latin "damnatio" as a noun and "damno/damnāre" as a verb. I'll give one guess as to why it became prevalent in the 14th century onward...@EnderWin @Mangareader

Group Leader
@Asa-senpai
I believe you'll be able to really decide with the next volume.

@larboy
Actually, I believe it's more of a understanding, however, I'd have to go back and re-check to be certain.
From what I can tell, it seems that the girl is somewhat a puppet, yes, but she is a separate entity. As they said that the memories of the Charmling are very old, it leads me to believe that she was a real girl at some point, infested, in a parasitic way, by the Charmling. They're a joint entity now, but are still separate in function. A co-habitation of sorts.

The inhumanly wide thigh gaps provide this chapter's most potent cosmic horror.

@larboy

I don't think there is any part "in control." The charmling has decided that its human persona matters--that was the point of its introductory arc. Whether the human and alien personas are separately conscious, or just two sock puppets that the core consciousness speaks through, we don't know. But either way the charmling can use them to have a conversation or debate with itself, just as we can.

Dex-chan lover
I’d also be furious at these tight-gap lolis if they killed me just as “a greeting”.
A bit of an anticlimax for an arc that took so many chapters...but I’ll forgive them depending on what comes next.

Users who are viewing this thread