Ano Toki Tasukete Itadaita Monster Musume desu. - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
What the hell, I'm getting invested in this middle-aged man's life.

Dex-chan lover
@Geoxxlll please get an english proof reader. English does not have punctuation at the start of sentences. In the manga he says he was summoned 10 years ago. In the synopsis it says he was summoned 20 years ago. There are many sentences that don't make sense. Real Academy and Medium City sound especially daft.
Just checked the raws, and it says 十数年. These are kanji for "10", "several; a number of" (among other meanings) and "year" respectively. According to Jisho 十数 means "ten-odd; a dozen or so" (which is probably why it was translated as "a little more than 10"), but most likely the correct translation would be something like "several decades ago".

Also the aliasing is really bad.
That's how it's in the raws actually. BTW, what's the name of the manga?
UPD: And now, more than two weeks later, searching via Google Lens actually worked - it's "Yumemi Ga Oka Wonderland".

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Just checked the raws, and it says 十数年. These are kanji for "10", "several; a number of" (among other meanings) and "year" respectively. According to Jisho 十数 means "ten-odd; a dozen or so" (which is probably why it was translated as "a little more than 10"), but most likely the correct translation would be something like "several decades ago".

That's how it's in the raws actually. BTW, what's the name of the manga?
So then the synopsis needs to be corrected?

Dex-chan lover
I... Man, either they put NO thought into that backstory or I can't read. Because to me it seems like he got the generic Isekai protag powers, retired, and now is treated like shit. Are you fucking kidding me? My suspension of disbelief is not suspending. I'm sure the romance is fluffy and all, but man wtf is that backstory?

Dex-chan lover
The students are disgusting assholes and the teachers are shallow trash (except the mc). I wanna beat the fuck out of that elf trash and feed him his own ears.

Double-page supporter
Kinda disappointed she hasn't got 2 of her arms rolled up to make her boobs look bigger, it's just oversized ba-dongadonks :/

Dex-chan lover
Don't fucking show me an old man's ass before you even get to a fanservice scene with the girls, what the fuck is wrong with this author?

Dex-chan lover
If you're going to talk about power, you have to consider the setting. Within the setting, the dude's basically an adjunct who lives alone in a shitty apartment who everyone hates, thinks is a loser, and bullies because of it. He was a rising star and hailed as a hero like 20 years ago, but something happened and now he's... not. The monstergirls, who are the focus here, are seen as powerful and interesting varieties of monsters. They're held in high regard and one coming to the school has caused it to be showered with gifts and grants, as people seek their favor.

There's a power imbalance here, but it's not really tipped towards him. The fact that the first one can just choose him as a teacher shows you how much power she has. As her teacher, he does have authority over her, but she actively sought that and considering the influence that gets thrown around to court her, she could likely have him dismissed on a word.

Here you reveal your problem: you're not actually engaging with the story as it is. You're engaging in a story you made up because you want to think the author sucks. They may! I know nothing about them! But 'falling in love with his adolescent students' isn't this story.

The core is easy to see: 20 years ago the dude threw away his shot at life to rescue monsters from some horrible experiment. Clearly nobody else cared about these beings, but he did. We don't know why he taught them or much of anything about what occurred, but he saved them and had contact with them. He never thought anything lustful about them at all, they were creatures that he saved and accepted as worthy of life. He doesn't say a thing to their "I wanna marry the teacher" stuff, which he probably took as children being enamored with an adult figure as well as, yknow, their literal hero.

Somehow those creatures grew up, became incredibly magically powerful, and are now coming to find him. They're adults, he's working at a university, and they were already some kind of grown when he rescued them, so chronologically they could be in their twenties at this point, who knows.

See, this isn't a student/teacher fantasy. This is a specific fantasy of doing something good and it coming back later to help you. It's not "my hot student" it's "okay so that talking octopus I saved 20 years ago can somehow turn into a hot girl and has come to find me."

I like older male/younger female age gap romances, and they're very hard to find outside of Shoujo/Jousei/Smut. The idea of someone who's given up on life and love being re-invigorated by the love of someone younger than them is a very fun and satisfying idea. But most of them are very predatory, because the other fantasy is that of an older man sweeping in and lifting you into a life of luxury/adulthood. The inherent problematic nature of that doesn't really matter in that fantasy because they're the prey and like that.

You don't have to read it, you don't have to like it, but I think you're being unfair to the author and the manga.
I agree somewhat however it's very clear that there is a strong "my hot student" part of this and really think you are reading way too much into it. I don't think it's THAT deep.

Dex-chan lover
You need to pay attention to how he's been living. He hasn't bathed in days and sleeps in his clothes but thinks its fine because he doesn't smell anything himself. Meaning he's used to doing this and the stench of the days sweat was normalized to him because of odor fatigue. He's also slow to work and the other more promising professors leave their work to him because they actually do have more important things to get to. He's clearly depressed and stopped having any sort of respect for himself which is why he's in the social position we find him currently.
Soooo, you are gonna ignore the fact that he actually showered in this chapter...

Aggregator gang
You need to pay attention to how he's been living. He hasn't bathed in days and sleeps in his clothes but thinks its fine because he doesn't smell anything himself. Meaning he's used to doing this and the stench of the days sweat was normalized to him because of odor fatigue. He's also slow to work and the other more promising professors leave their work to him because they actually do have more important things to get to. He's clearly depressed and stopped having any sort of respect for himself which is why he's in the social position we find him currently.
Thats asking a lot from coomers 'round these parts. We are busy self-inserting tyvm /s

Contributor
"Didn't he realize...?"
Err... How? He's never ever seen that look of hers before.

So the isekai male lead this time is a washed-up failed hero who didn't get himself a harem. That said, it seems like he'll get his soon enough...

Sigh. Another one to the pile of wish-fulfilment ossan isekai on my list.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe the reason the girls avoid mc isnt because hes old but because he does stuff like head pat some random girl he has just met like a pet , that some cringy shit.

Dex-chan lover
I swear there is another manga but instead of monster girls it's yokai I believe. Like a dulahan and vampire.

Dex-chan lover
just a note to the tl, english does not use the upside down exclamation and question marks at the beginning of sentences

Users who are viewing this thread