Anorexia – Shikabane Hanako wa Kyoshokushou

Dex-chan lover
...Is it weird I feel bad for the one girl who MC used to have a crush on? Man, mc's sister and the older brother are pricks.

Aggregator gang
I read it two years ago and I still remember how it struck me to have understood the meaning of this manga.
How everything turns on the psychological.
Although it is short and it may seem strange, do not underestimate it.

Alright. That ending makes up for the confusing mess before. Didn't think it possibly could, but damn it did.

This might, however, need a supernatural tag. Small spoiler:
essentially the family can't eat normal food and needs to eat humans. It's suggested they are monsters, possibly ghoul or vampire sort of

@Vofuro unless it was mistranslated, there is no supernatural thing,
in the last chapter the brother did just admit that he faked the testament and they weren't human meat eating monster, all it was just a ploy to get the mc sister all she needed to get her legs fixed in the last chapter the brother did just admit that he faked the testament and they weren't human meat eating monster, all it was just a ploy to get the mc sister all she needed to get her legs fixed

@salubri
Not sure about that.
didn't she herself say she only needs salvia (or blood) from him to survive? Couldn't eat normal food either, saying it's gross. It could be a psychosomatic reaction and her anorexia, but they do mention that the pills kill the hunger (for human meat). Also, no way would big sis go that insane for the taste of human meat
even if she were crazy, she acted as if she was starving.
Also, I worded it that way above because I didn't want to spoil the ending, but it's true, in no way do they need to eat actual human meat, but they do need to eat something from humans, either way.
So yeah, because it is slightly ambiguous and not really cleared up, it's got the mystery tag, but supernatural tag could still fit better IMHO.

Well that was fucked-up, but I like fucked-up 😁.

I was a bit dubious because the author didn't really seem to know where he was going, but the last chapter made-up for it nicely.

*looks at the comments
*looks at the description
*chuckles*
i'm scared but incredibly curious

Users who are viewing this thread