Another World Where I Can't Even Collapse and Die - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Uuuuh....so glad I am not the only one traumatized by this chapter. Even with my biology background this is so baffling and upsetting on so many levels.

Awful biology thoughts I had:
Are they an invasive species or something?
It is more likely that the numbers have to be controlled because the humans have killed all of the natural predators. It is clear by the size of their litters, that these animals naturally have a lot of predators. Or one adult takes care of an entire colonies offspring.
But why would the creature understand that its offspring needed to be killed for the protection of forest resources?
It looks like a creature that has a care-giving stage towards its offspring. Most of those animals will fight to protect their young except in times if severe stress. (Dont ask what happens when the parents are stressed. Biology can be super upsetting sometimes.)
Also exposing weakpoints is sometimes a way animals AVOID being killed by showing submission. It can be the body language equivalent of "I give up. I wont fight. Please dont kill me."
So it is likely that Puipui knew it could not beat the humans and gave up on fighting. The young took their cue from their parent and tried their last ditch preservation by looking cute and submitted to the superior force. Then the human children slaughtered them. I thought too hard about this.

Maybe fikar is her dog and reincarnation to.. Because fikar behavior like dog to her master..

Users who are viewing this thread