Anyone getting sick of all the Twitter webcomic posts which are 1-2 pages long?

Dex-chan lover
I understand you can just filter them out on mangadex but it sucks that it just plagues the manga subreddit. It also takes up 80% of the ‘popular right now’ manga on mangadex. Maybe I’m just being salty but I really don’t understand the appeal of them.

Dex-chan lover
not really lmao. but again I run extremely heavy filtering with my own scripts so I rarely see anything that I don't follow these days. never bother looking at the popular section, never use reddit so neither is an issue for me.
the appeal of them.
is like tiktok in manga form I guess.

Contributor
I really don’t understand the appeal of them
Like trash Isekai stories, but eh, that's popular...

Also, right now I think a lot of teenagers discovered manga and MD. And surprisingly a lot of trash twitter webcomics are suggestive/erotica. And, a lot of these teenagers discovering the manga world are young boys wanting to be sexually excited.

Also, because twitter webcomics are easy to be produced => they are very shorts and are self publishing works, they are popular for bad reasons.

Contributor
On mangadex, it's not a problem, i just dont read them.

But i dropped r/manga since a long time because of this. The good manga updates were/are burried under all of these low-effort one page things, it's just annoying.

I still try to look r/manga sometime, but it's still bad, less than before tho.

Dex-chan lover
Ong they're the McDonald's of manga consumption. And they're not even "manga" at all too so it's crazy that they're allowed on that sub. Wish that MF will ban all these short webcomics with some exceptions. Not real manga.

Group Leader
My bad yall

Ong they're the McDonald's of manga consumption. And they're not even "manga" at all too so it's crazy that they're allowed on that sub. Wish that MF will ban all these short webcomics with some exceptions. Not real manga.
Zoomers complaining about twitter webcomics and then using phrases like ong, wouldn't be me.

Users who are viewing this thread