Anyone know this kind of otome isekai story?

Dex-chan lover
So I've been reading the typical otome isekai stories, and then I stumbled into this The Villainess Wants to Be a Sidekick promo/oneshot. Unfortunately there's no full series, so I'm wondering if anyone know anything with a similar [girl reincarnated into a fantasy world character and happily support the main characters from the sideline (but we know male lead(s) will fall for her anyway)] premise?

I know there's plenty of Bakarina clones, but they're usually too involved with the main characters if you catch my drift. The only series that have a similar premise to this that I can think of are Miss Not-So Sidekick and The Daughter of the Albert House Wishes for Ruin (though the latter succeeds in her endeavor to support the supposed main couple).

Essentially the criteria is:
  • Female lead have zero hard feelings for the OG FL (no jealousy, no real conflict of interest), mostly act like friends
  • FL doesn't fundamentally change the other "fictional" characters personality
  • FL aren't actively pursuing the male lead, never even consider him as a love interest (until much later on)
  • Preferably FL didn't get a head start over OG FL that affects ML's perception of her or vice versa
It's a bit too specific perhaps so idk if there's many like it :nyoron:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
so if I get this right
FL : OUR main character of the story who got reincarnated as villainess
OG FL : the actual character who is supposed to be a heroine in that fantasy world
FL and OG FL are friends or so
FL follows the personality of actual "villainess character" personality

the one-eyed villainess might fit some of the criteria apart from being actual friend,
the yuri summoned as villainess' familiar also might be in there

Bertia is not hostile to the OG FL, but she doesn't fit your 2nd criteria about changing personality
all that said, she is still my best

I'll search the title for a bit and edit this later
that's all I can think of at the moment
other similar stories are not isekai but rather regression story

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
so if I get this right
FL : OUR main character of the story who got reincarnated as villainess
OG FL : the actual character who is supposed to be a heroine in that fantasy world
FL and OG FL are friends or so
Yup
FL follows the personality of actual "villainess character" personality
Not necessarily, my 2nd criteria is more about the other characters (I should've made it more clear). In case of Bakarina clones, FL usually interacts with other (often the male lead especially) characters since childhood and when it's time the "original" story starts they've changed so much that they barely resemble their "original" personality.
I love Bertia too! She indeed doesn't meet this criteria.
other similar stories are not isekai but rather regression story
Could you share them as well? Thank you very much for the reply

Dex-chan lover
when it's time the "original" story starts they've changed so much that they barely resemble their "original" personality.

Could you share them as well?
well, I think regression stories will almost always change the original story and personalities

I vaguely remember some of them, but personally I don't think that they have good story, so I'll need some time to remember it

regression that doesn't change the general course of the story I think the '7 day' and '24 hours' regression,

there is also that sickly FL who got NTR'd by her sister,
but there's only a few chapters, and I don't find the story quite appealing, so I kind of dropped it

generally these stories failed at your 3rd and 4th criteria

Contributor
I know a manhwa, where the MC who is a knight woman flee the coup in her country with the princess, they live "happily" in a foreign country together and become friends. But, they time travel back together before the coup started. They choose to fix and save the country together. They are friends and all, one female knight and one empress/princess.

Sadly I can't remember the name, but it might interest you.

Dex-chan lover
Have you asked that one orange site with cute neko alien mascot? r/OtomeIsekai would probably be glad to throw a bunch of answers at you. I know those exist because I've read like a dozen of them but I'm in too deep with OI addiction that I can't pinpoint which title is which.

Users who are viewing this thread