Ao Ashi - Ch. 362 - Unbroken Esperion

Dex-chan lover
someone needs to hit a loose ball to Esperion's bench so Fukuda can show he's still clear of "Clarissa's" lil bro

Dex-chan lover
That bit about sacrificing La Masia talents for Premier League stars, it hurts so fucking much

For years, YEARS, the board left La Masia to rot, sure I know that the crop after the Pep era was not that great but still, there are genuinely talent in the club's academy. Kubo, Grimaldo, Todibo,...yet we let them walked away, and we bring in failure after failures after failures...Dembele,Coutinho,Griezmann (oh Griezzy, we don't deserve you), we paid 40 mil for fucking Malcom to spite Roma, for what? Nothing. We gave Frenkie an enormous wage in the middle of the pandemic, we failed to rebuild our stadium, we failed to keep the greatest legend that the club has ever had, we let veterans left in tears and many more... Bartomeu deserved to be in jail

La Masia has always been the powerhouse that Barca possesed. To see how it was left to rot for so long was painful as a Cules, and this new gen is riddled with injuries from overplaying them to fix the failure of our transfers has brought. And a mass exodus of next gen is coming too. Niko, Dani Rodriguez (a genuine wonderkid LW, a position we fucking need for YEARS) and many more are ready to left for free

Dex-chan lover
I'm curious how many chapters the author plans on making. I feel like this could easily reach a thousand to be honest. We still need to see Aoi playing with the main squad and possibly playing overseas or for Japan's national squad. Although I could easily see the story ending when he leaves there is still a lot of content to be made considering every match is like 25-30 chapters minimum.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm curious how many chapters the author plans on making. I feel like this could easily reach a thousand to be honest. We still need to see Aoi playing with the main squad and possibly playing overseas or for Japan's national squad. Although I could easily see the story ending when he leaves there is still a lot of content to be made considering every match is like 25-30 chapters minimum.
It's weird, because this story borrows a lot from the real world and has basically reached present day. It also feels like it's ending, as Aoi has already proven that he will get a pro contract (it's a matter of when not if like in the beginning), Esperion Youths is playing against a selection of the best clubs in the world, several characters from the cast are moving on from Esperion, etc.

At the same time there is so much more to tell when it comes to becoming and being a pro in the football world that I could see these characters going on. What I wonder is if it will become like Captain Tsubasa that enden it's origianl run, but then continued the story with multiple series spaced a few years apart

Dex-chan lover
It's weird, because this story borrows a lot from the real world and has basically reached present day. It also feels like it's ending, as Aoi has already proven that he will get a pro contract (it's a matter of when not if like in the beginning), Esperion Youths is playing against a selection of the best clubs in the world, several characters from the cast are moving on from Esperion, etc.

At the same time there is so much more to tell when it comes to becoming and being a pro in the football world that I could see these characters going on. What I wonder is if it will become like Captain Tsubasa that enden it's origianl run, but then continued the story with multiple series spaced a few years apart
Yeah I agree it may be reaching its end but not at the same time. If the series ended with him getting a pro contract I wouldn't mind it one bit but I feel like the story could continue on for his pro career and it still wouldn't get dry or boring. I really do hope the author decides to make it a long series like Captain Tsubasa or Hajime no Ippo.

Group Leader
That bit about sacrificing La Masia talents for Premier League stars, it hurts so fucking much

For years, YEARS, the board left La Masia to rot, sure I know that the crop after the Pep era was not that great but still, there are genuinely talent in the club's academy. Kubo, Grimaldo, Todibo,...yet we let them walked away, and we bring in failure after failures after failures...Dembele,Coutinho,Griezmann (oh Griezzy, we don't deserve you), we paid 40 mil for fucking Malcom to spite Roma, for what? Nothing. We gave Frenkie an enormous wage in the middle of the pandemic, we failed to rebuild our stadium, we failed to keep the greatest legend that the club has ever had, we let veterans left in tears and many more... Bartomeu deserved to be in jail

La Masia has always been the powerhouse that Barca possesed. To see how it was left to rot for so long was painful as a Cules, and this new gen is riddled with injuries from overplaying them to fix the failure of our transfers has brought. And a mass exodus of next gen is coming too. Niko, Dani Rodriguez (a genuine wonderkid LW, a position we fucking need for YEARS) and many more are ready to left for free
you say that but Bellingham from Championship is GOAT this season lol

Group Leader
a season of J1 League arc would be interesting before he goes overseas.
I don't want a world cup arc. it's always too generic , nationalistic and boring
this manga is great because of its down to earth & realistic pro career path. I want it to stay that way.
I think most japanese players go to Germany / Belgium for their european football career. that'd be fresh and interesting. we already have La Liga in Tsubasa.
If this manga won't do that then I hope at least Blue Lock go to Bundesliga route after U20 World Cup

Dex-chan lover
you say that but Bellingham from Championship is GOAT this season lol
Incoming rant, sorry :(((

Yes, I wouldn't argue that Premier League stars are good, but it's a 50/50 gamble. For every Ronaldo, Modric, Alonso we have Beckham, Owen, Coutinho, etc.. And the thing is that Barca have enough talents that are, I would argue, comparable to Dembele, Griezmann, Coutinho,... potential when they were bought. Sure a wonderkid making it throught to top tier is 1 in thousands but La Masia never lack talents. Yet we saw how Barca copied the Galaticos strat of early 2000s Real and like the Galaticos 1.0, it crashed and burned. We bought Coutinho and made him played LW ffs, and that transfer also strengthened Liverpool and lead to the second remontada against us in a row, followed by the nightmarish night next year, in which Coutinho scored two against us lol. We misidentified and misvalued the talents and value of both our academy players and the stars that we brought in.

Also on the topic of scouting, to give you a summary, our former technical assistant, Ramon Planes, reported to the board about Diaz, Darwin Nunez, Enzo Fernandez, Julian Alvarez, Tchoumeni, Amadou Onana and many more , even about De Ligt and De Jong long before their breakthrough season at Ajax, they even got eyes on Bellingham. He also suggested us about the potential of De Zerbi and recommended us the keep him on our list. We actually was quite close to getting Tchoumeni, he even sent a former deal to them but in the end the board all vetoes against it. And Bartomeu brought in Dembele, Coutinho, Griezmann, Lenglet, Dest,... Laporta spent over 200 mil to bring in Raphinha, Ferran, Lewan, Kounde, a fuck ton of salary spot for old players like Gundogan, Martinez. I am not saying that it's their faults, I have nothing against them, they are not the one that give them the fees, the club did, but the prices that we spent is absolutely not justified on them and it's entirely on the board.

The club sold their own assets in a hope of immediately coming back to competitive, a foolish decision. Instead of going the Liverpool or MC route and letting a long term project to develop, what we got after 2 and a half year was a squad riddled with injuries, one CL group stage exist, this year we are going in without our two most talented and important midfielders while Napoli is reviving, the Laliga is all but lost and if the club are not careful, top 4 might be in danger. Xavi did all he could, bringing back a Laliga and a Supercopa but ultimately, he failed, both from his weakness as a coach and how the board let him down. Real Madrid is close to assemble their third Galaticos, this time a REALLY young team that can potentially dominated for the next decade while we struggled to even register our players.

I have been watching Barcelona ever since 2008, starting with my love for the Xavi-Iniesta duo, and never have I felt so pessimistic watching football before. When we still got Messi, there is still hope that he can somehow save us from time to time, now? There is nothing left to hope for, everything in this club is fucked, the board is a bunch of incompetence and nepotist fucks, the fanbase are increasingly becoming more toxic and divided days after days. The players, I wished them the best and for them to be able to get the fuck out of this sinking ship and achieve their own glories, from Frenkie, Pedri, Yamal, Balde, Gavi...they deserved so much more than this, especially the youngsters who literally ruined themselves because we abused them and attacked them the moment they failed to perform, if only you could see how they treated Balde, Pedri or Gavi, Yamal, Roque... Unless the socios seriously sit down and change, unless the culture of the club go through a revolution, there is nothing to be save. Barcelona is doomed. 16 years of watching the blaugrana shirt and never has I felt so sad, and worse, so empty seeing this team plays and function.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
a season of J1 League arc would be interesting before he goes overseas.
I don't want a world cup arc. it's always too generic , nationalistic and boring
this manga is great because of its down to earth & realistic pro career path. I want it to stay that way.
I think most japanese players go to Germany / Belgium for their european football career. that'd be fresh and interesting. we already have La Liga in Tsubasa.
If this manga won't do that then I hope at least Blue Lock go to Bundesliga route after U20 World Cup
Bring him to Leverkusen and let Alonso cooks

Dex-chan lover
I dont see the manga will end for the next 5 years at least. and I hope I was right. not ready yet to say goodbye to this masterpiece

Yeah I agree it may be reaching its end but not at the same time. If the series ended with him getting a pro contract I wouldn't mind it one bit but I feel like the story could continue on for his pro career and it still wouldn't get dry or boring. I really do hope the author decides to make it a long series like Captain Tsubasa or Hajime no Ippo.
Yeh I’m afraid that it will end just as he becomes a pro, since it’s his objective, I don’t want that personally and I agree it could go on so much far. Captain tsubasa still hasn’t ended also because Oliver hasn’t become the best in the world. But who knows myb ashito will wish that too?

Users who are viewing this thread