Ao Ashi - Ch. 372 - No more tears

Dex-chan lover
Nothing like the cold hard truth. Football is indeed a job, and when people cannot performed, they get replaced.
What is worse is that Leonard's flaw is genuinely damning in this era of football. A forward that can't press and help in defense, and not be able to properly coordinate with the team? He would be call a fraud. Like Klopp said it, "unless you are Messi, everyone must come back and press their opponents". It sucks but kids like him are a dime in the dozen for big academies like La masia, they can easily scoop out a bunch like him with higher potential possibly the very next day

Banned
This competitive aspect of football leagues in Europe has a pseudo-capitalistic feel to it. Like Monopoly, it's an efficiently cutthroat dog eat dog system.

Dex-chan lover
This competitive aspect of football leagues in Europe has a pseudo-capitalistic feel to it. Like Monopoly, it's an efficiently cutthroat dog eat dog system.

There nothing pseudo about it, it's balls to the walls capitalism.

Still, big clubs like Barcelona have the proper approach. They scout players and train them in order to make the club powerful and keep winning. Smaller clubs scout and train in order to sell them to the highest bidder and thus giving a fat paycheck to the owners, winning is an afterthought, they're content in keeping the category to also get the fat paycheck that comes with TV rights.

Dex-chan lover
Like I said earlier, at best they are coworkers, at the very least he didn't go full edge never shedding a tear about it.

It actually kinda sucks watching him come to the realization that this is a job and that he has to detach himself.

Fed-Kun's army

Still, big clubs like Barcelona have the proper approach. They scout players and train them in order to make the club powerful and keep winning. Smaller clubs scout and train in order to sell them to the highest bidder and thus giving a fat paycheck to the owners, winning is an afterthought, they're content in keeping the category to also get the fat paycheck that comes with TV rights.
lets not forget barcelona got lost, they are just forced to play their youngsters because they are cash strapped, thankfully they have an amazing academy. You can't also look down on Real Madrid with regards to youth development, their business is kinda shrewd, they usually sell a lot of their youngsters to balance the books in order to afford their Galacticos signings.

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit it's time for the raid boss, I really hope he rips the entirety of Esperion and specially Aoi a new one.

Fed-Kun's army
Let's put irl to the side for a moment here.
In the scope of the manga as a story I find that this Barca lacks something compared to Esperion and it's shown in the way they cut Leonard or other people. When people get cut from Esperion they are sent away with something along the lines of "feel free to get better and prove us wrong in the future", because Esperion knows that they are not the end all be all. Barca lacks that humility (despite their main team struggling hard apparently) and I hope they get a taste of that humility here

Dex-chan lover
Let's put irl to the side for a moment here.
In the scope of the manga as a story I find that this Barca lacks something compared to Esperion and it's shown in the way they cut Leonard or other people. When people get cut from Esperion they are sent away with something along the lines of "feel free to get better and prove us wrong in the future", because Esperion knows that they are not the end all be all. Barca lacks that humility (despite their main team struggling hard apparently) and I hope they get a taste of that humility here
now you mentioned, Leo's disposal does remind me of the Aomori Seiran's keeper. I dont know if Yuugo revisited his own work to draw more comparisons later on but the difference in Fukuda's mindset and Esperions culture as a club, to maintain joy and happiness of youth and their own pros, compare to the Western way of doing football(which Yuugo been criticizing throughout this arc) should be a fun awakening for Yuri when he see Kuribayashi and Kant going nut for nut blow for blow

Aggregator gang

The other guy already clarified, but there's no business happening in Barca right now. La Masia historically did produce countless legends, but considering it was during such a small span of time relatively, one might honestly think it was either a fluke, or there was a person or two responsible for most of it. Perhaps even having Messi there at all improved others around him

Right now, Barca is broke because they took it for granted. They have no proper strategy, and La Masia isn't performing by itself like it used to.

Users who are viewing this thread