Ao Ashi - Vol. 13 Ch. 133 - L

Thanks for the chapter.

Nice Aoi, you're learning a lot by playing with Akutsu now. And nice clear too! Way to show what you've learn. Kuribayashi is playing now too. This gonna get interesting.

Really like Akutsu face at the end. I hope he'll start realizing Aoi's potential and start instructing him properly (and not using him like a pawn). Of course, I do NOT want for them to become chummy :D

@Ulgan
I think Akutsu is one of the rare guys that realized Aoi's true strength. That's why his attitude towards Aoi is very bad. He feels threaten by Aoi's raw talent since the selection. Kurebayashi also noticed Aoi's raw talent.

Thanks for the chapter! I love when Aoi learns! And it feels like akutsu (sorry if I mispell) treats aoi roughly because he... feels threatened by Aoi's potential. And what it means to have to compete with that.

Alright party's over..

Good thing aoi got to learn a thing from akutsu senpai kekw

Dex-chan lover
Must be pretty humiliating for the other team. Even though they try so hard, they are used to train a newcomer, lol.

Thanks for the chapter.

I am really enjoying the tactics side of the game in this manga.

Thanks for the chapter!

It is fascinating to me that in this story, you can feel that while our mc is Aoi, in fact other characters like Kurbayashi, or Togashi are main characters in their own right. Just as hooked as I am about Aoi's journey, I want to see Kurbayashi growth from what he was and what he is in the manga right now.

@p_ar
To me it felt the exact opposite. I mean, in his internal monologue (so no reason to lie, he's talking to himself) Akutsu clearly consider Aoi incapable of understanding the reasons behind his instructions and simply plans to use him as a pawn (and only 'cause he got reprimanded by the coach, no less), that's not how you think of someone that you recognize has potential. If it was only his attitude towards Aoi, then sure, I could see it being due to him feeling threatened, but after that monologue I'd call bulls**t if he'd now go "I knew he had it in him".

@Ulgan

I think Akutsu is just being in a state of denial, to the point where he is even trying to convince himself through his inner monologue. He knows it, but he refuses to acknowledge it. Fukuda reprimanded him for this sole reason, where he highlighted Akutsu of not instructing Aoi because he knows that Aoi can keep up with his instruction.

If you remember, there was a past chapter in a conversation between Akutsu and Kuribayashi, Akutsu trash talked Aoi saying he should just quit and etc., only for Kuribayashi to chime in saying that he should see it, that his position is at the back, adding that having him teach Aoi would be the best, where he reiterated this exact sentiment at the very first page of this chapter.

Link for reference (chapter 65, page 5):
https://gpkcywrmj7gja.ja0dsav6rn5h2.mangadex.network/InzSwoDCpCiFKFIpFqX6XkimaggFqBMf87ktLyvMOP_kl55CioVjdJN09bgJSDFV3t116Xzd9aiTl9HaT8HSernpEs7dPouWCWHL1c4jjf92EBovhUiQcRdLlqvaFb0Udo5yt6_wHNqA2DMUIvDNoiJhEn6StzUgIMW4f80SJmY66vMCKEJlqxZMihCNFGooCM6iz4lPxTtQ6ia2ajwOzVzPQo9U/data/c36bfcc6f0737fe2ad145e813e0de60c/5-b8cb8e7475b9425d537e646b8802888f7a09f323f90f7854316029206ac9c34a.jpg

Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread