Ao Ashi - Vol. 20 Ch. 202 - Their Respective Shocks

That was a nice conclusion to the match. I hope Ashito will finally understand about the thing his mom talked about in this chapter. Looking forward to the drama/relationship progress. To me those are integral to an enjoyable sport manga. Also, that scene with Mom, Hana, and Ojou was really satisfying. And of course there's Ojou/Togashi in the end.

I know ppl didn't like the emotional bits of this arc, but to me it's was really touching and necessary for Ashito's grow.

Ashito has been surrounded by incredibly talented players who seem like they don't need anything in life except football (Kuribayashi, Akutsu) ashito really believed that he needed be just like them in order to become an excellent player, just focus on football, anything else is just useless, that things like family and friends are just an afterthought. And while IRL there's ppl who can do that, make their Passion their only driving motivation in life. There's also the rest of us mortals who need an emotional support built by ppl we love.

I can't call this arc lazy, it has had more than 30+ chapter of buildup just for this conclusion. Of course not everyone will like it XD

Akutsu's frustration here means that he acknowledge Ashito. If he doesn't, he won't be as mad like this since Ashito only fucked up to himself, not the team.

Is Akutsu gonna come in clutch to motivate Ashito? Is this the end of the world? Maybe. It's 2020 afterall.

@lisaisa exactly.

He think he's a super star or something just because he has rare talent and carried by his teammate. Now that he's slammed to the ground, hope he could think properly from now on.

This story’s character development is really so satisfying. Great kudos and gratitude for the scanlation team as well. Really appreciate!

Thank you for the chapter.

I think after this Ashito is going to realise that there are people who support him irrespective of the outcome and that he doesn't need to withdraw from people because he is so focused on football.

I also like the way it seems no one is blaming or planning to blame Ashito, Akutsu inclusive. I think he had an epiphany this match and will start cutting Ashito some slack.

Thanks for the chapter.

Akutsu recognized Ashito, is a fact, but, his admitted this fact is other history

Users who are viewing this thread