Ao Ashi - Vol. 20 Ch. 203 - Last Request

Thank you for the chapter.

I thought Ashito had fallen into despair but I'm glad he's strengthened his resolve. I also think Akutsu was more disappointed than angry Ashito. Taira way to immortalize yourself in Ashito's memory.

All in all it was a great chapter.

Moral of the story: bullying is okay if the bullied looks up to you.

Honestly I don't see why Ashito need to learn defense from Akutsu at all cost as if there's no other player to teach him that. It would be okay if he tried to learn it from someone first and 'fail' and then try to learn from Akutsu afterwards. We don't even really know why Akutsu is the best fit for Ashito. But no, Ashito is an angel and Akutsu is the only holy savior apparently. No reluctance whatsoever from him. Is this really the same person that actually valued dignity? Ashito used to headbutt the dude who mocked his mother, and actually talked back against Akutsu's assholery early in the story.

I know it's been set up for Ashito to learn from Akutsu, but I really prefered it more if Ashito actually tried a different path from Akutsu due to difference in ideals.

@Petrichormus why Aoi want to learn from Akutsu? Because he's the best defender in Esperion, duh. He's even a national team player. Who's better to look up other than him?

Do you even read the manga ffs. Ashito already asking Esperion's best striker (Yoshitsune), best midfielder (Kuribayashi), and both of them tell Aoi to not follow their path. He also already asking help from his fellow first-year student, who else he have to ask for guidance other than Akutsu, who's a proven player and went from the same system like Aoi?

I think Ashito should focus equally on distributing the ball and improving his technique. Erasing his fixation of being the goalscorer to be considered "complete" in attack and defence should probably be the priority.

@petrichormus: I explained this before. Akutsu and Aoi are essentially two sides of the same coin
- both are able to trigger a reaction in others. For Aku its the Conflict method (negative energy) making other people think "I'll show ya" and for Aoi it's the spirit method (positive energy)
- both apparently came from a troublesome and poor background. I remember a panel with Akutsu talking about "shitty home" which he escaped with football, whereas Aoi's mother is single and running a bar on a shoestring budget.
- Akutsu noticed somehow that Aoi is walking the same path as he is, only with a different outlook. It's like looking in the mirror for him and it freaks him out so much he wants to get rid of Aoi. Kuroko no Basuke named it as well in Takao, who hated Izuki on sight for having the same abilities. Since Prague Akutsu notices it's not so smart to concentrate on Aoi so much, as the hate is detrimental for his own plays

I don't they'll ever go buddy buddy beyond this, but if they can manage to see eye to eye on football, they're a very lethal duo in defense

I truly cannot stand Akutsu what an annoying cunt and im gonna have to suffer him even more now... I don't even get what he is supposed to teach Aoi, how to build muscle? Ashitos mistake, the wrong decision making, was because of his childish fixation on scoring dunno why we on again about teaching him defense.

@Petrichormus
It would be okay if he tried to learn it from someone first and 'fail' and then try to learn from Akutsu afterwards.
I mean, he did try to learn defense from other players first and there's been an entire arc (match) dedicated to that; the failure was realized upon in this match, so it's going by that standard.

Users who are viewing this thread