Ao Ashi - Vol. 20 Ch. 204 - Fukuda and Noriko Once More

Hm strangely enough, I can see Akutsu as captain. Probably because of all the instructions he spits out during matches and his own ability. Sure he is rough to Aoi, but I think that is going to be changing a bit. He might not stop all the roughness but surely he will start teaching Aoi now. From all the second years, he's the best choice as captain really.

did NOT expect that but i think whats gonna happen now is that his attitude is gonna change

thanks as always tls

@Omadu10 and all that ambition means nothing as a captain the moment he literally insults and badmouths his teammates constantly idk maybe if you are a masochist you'll enjoy it but being incredibly disrespectful is not one of the traits i look for in a leader role, dunno either i must be crazy or you never had shitty teammates like him.

I can absolutely see Akutsu as the skipper for Esperion Youth, did not come as a surprise at all. He gives me Roy Keane/Gennaro Gattuso vibes, that no nonsense, take-no-shit attitude. I understand if newer football fans can't understand the sentiment, the day of hardnuts in football has passed with how soft the beautiful game has become recently. Either way, his leadership qualities are as clear as day as far as I'm concerned.

@Alex_79 yeessss! That's the right idea! Jaap Stam was an absolute beast at centre-back, don't get defenders like him anymore...

@Demotivator thanks for the perspective. yeah, I can see how he can grow into the leader of the team. Not every leader is the super cheerful charismatic and this is nice to see.

So... In recent football Akutsu would be shaped like... Virgil Van Dijk or Koulibaly.

That's a very nice development.

Fed-Kun's army
The Akutsu we know now is captain worthy. When he was focused too much on his own ego plays and couldn't lead others to achieve them he wasn't. But now he can even communicate with someone like Ashito that pisses him off, which shows some level of maturity. He also is less likely to to crumble emotionally now, unlike what we have seen from the other Youth players. Ty for the chapter. Ashito get your lube ready

Dex-chan lover
Akutsu has evolved from selfish bald villan to tsun-tsun qt 3.14 "it's not like i wanted you g-guys to become better at football or anything, b-baka!"
great captain.

@danny_chan yeah man, that super cheerful overtly charismatic captain-type is definitely a modern notion (or more simply nowadays, giving the skipper's armband to the 'star player' on the team).
Pre-2010s skippers tended to be either the stoic or the hardnut, like Roy Keane, Gennaro Gattuso, Patrick Viera, Fernando Hierro, Oliver Kahn etc.
That's how Akutsu seems to be shaping up right now.

Dex-chan lover
MJ was a raging asshole, but he was the perfect leader for the Bulls. Akutsu's the same... If only he warms up to Aoi and see the possibilities that the team has when Aoi is unleashed...

Still there are different leadership styles in sports. Tim Duncan wasn't an asshole, but he led an NBA dynasty all the same. But the things that they all have in common are their relentless drive to succeed and their intense competitiveness. Akutsu has those attributes.

akutsu as the captain? well i can see it if he changes his constant anger into pure, strong leadership instead

Users who are viewing this thread