Ao Ashi - Vol. 4 Ch. 39 - Broader Football

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapters! I'm glad our boy Aoi is back on the metaphorical and literal ball

Trap is a very basic skill that determines how good player will become. I really like the parts how Togashi explains to trap 'wider'. Thats pretty much correct

I thought he was going to explain how you need to properly adjust your stance when you trap the ball, not to just focus on your foot

Yeaaaah sureee

Magically - improved within very short time, just like most of sports anime MC. Also have OP potential too

Next time I see him, he might learn how to walk on water already

Double-page supporter
It's like you missed all the late-night training he did... and the peptalks Togashi gave him. If you think being able to pass the ball is equivalent to turning water into wine when you read the wrong stuff.

@Cynic and he managed to do that just in a week just because of his hidden potential? Sounds magical enough for me. Having good instinct, vision, get a pep talk and friends, yada-yada

and suddenly all of that helping him to having a good trapping and one-touch in less than a week

even him overworking himself isn't get punished whatsoever. Must be some kind of saint right there ay?

Power Uploader
@Duckiedoggo
I mean, that's what the whole plot of Ao Ashi hinges on. Despite being pretty raw, Fukuda saw something in Ashito so he took a chance on him. If Ashito just stays a scrub in a youth club, then that would undermine the premise even more than his rapid improvement. Execution wise? Yeah, it perhaps could have been done better. But plot wise? It checks out.

I hate the coach =(

@Duckiedoggo he didn't become good in one night he was good from begging it was obvious ... what I could see from first chapters he was a good game maker and good at reading the stage but that coach made him like he was useless player and he like he will never learn and so on.... then boom he became good ... I don't know but somehow so far irritate me.

@gintamacountry i don't mind if it actually takes time to let him better at trapping and passing the ball. But it only takes one week? At this rate, in one year he'll straight become Lionel Messi and win a champions league a year after.

@Aoixneko the plot try to make Ashito in the lowest pit, but at the same time it only need a tiny bit of plot to made him become good at football. It's annoying.

If he's that good then just make him OP to begin with, like Kageyama in Haikyuu. No need to pulling his asses around, only for the author to throw a bit of nakama power then boom, here we witness a god of football

Some of you gotta chill lmao. All he did was learn to stop trapping the ball at all times. We knew he's a fast learner after coach taught him in the earlier chapters. We knew he was good already, he scored some pretty memorable goals. Why are you guys so surprised over it? He was scouted for a reason.

Dex-chan lover
So he already could trap, he just too focused on stopping the ball and limiting his options on what he can do after trapping. Why can't they just tell him that smh.

Users who are viewing this thread