Ao no Hana, Utsuwa no Mori - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Chapter 17

Dex-chan lover
What he did is arguably morally just but instead of just doing his own thing he could have taken half and hour and just called Aoko. There was zero reason for there to be no contact what so ever.

Fed-Kun's army
He’s giving his heart to errrrbody. Reminds me of a friend who got caught in things just because they couldn’t say no

Aggregator gang
OH BROTHER HE DID CHEAT I WAS WRONG LMAOOOO but the curse of being too nice is the greatest enemy.

BUT THE LAST FEW PAGES, OH MY GOD. A CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE. SHE’S SO PRETTY.

Thank you again for the update! We’re really thankful for your efforts!!!

Dex-chan lover
Doesn't really seem like he did anything wrong except talk to a girl too much. Is what it is though. Seems to be working out best for everyone with Aoko getting Mr. Finland or whatever his name is.

What he did is arguably morally just but instead of just doing his own thing he could have taken half and hour and just called Aoko. There was zero reason for there to be no contact what so ever.

See he absolutely did something wrong, he inserted himself and allowed himself to become part of his significant other's life without telling Aoko about it. He clearly knew he was doing something wrong, that he was emotionally cheating with her that's why he didn't tell Aoko. He could have corrected the children but he liked it, he liked them more and he didn't concern himself with Aoko at all. I've been in a situation where a child has started to feel paternally about me. It's hard to assert boundaries but you have to. FOR THEM, not for yourself unless you WANT to be there.

Supporter
What a strange situation from Kuma, honestly.

He's too caring to the point of circling around and being thoughtless with others. It doesn't seem like he necessarily had a relationship with the baker woman, but it was still emotional cheating. I mean, what girl would be okay with her boyfriend effing off out of town and living with another woman and playing dad to her kids? I don't remember how he broke up with her initially, I thought he basically went no-contact and the rumor mill got back to town, so at least he properly communicated it here.

Any way, that's done. I'm looking forward to future developments with Tatsuki and Aoko (whose hair looks lovely down).

Thank you as always, @earlbay!

Oof! He was really dumb for getting too close with the kids.
I feel like it’s okay to get close to the kids, but that it was extremely irresponsible to not set proper boundaries and emphasize why he was even there in the first place.

Kumahei is a very caring guy and always gives of himself. However, he loses sight of the bigger picture and others’ feelings. He didn’t care about Aoko’s feelings when he left, and he didn’t care about the mother’s feelings when he told the kids he wasn’t leaving. It seems like the mom had fallen in love, but who knows how she might have reacted?

Kumahei isn’t malicious; he’s just extremely insensitive to how others around him might be feeling. He seeks out what will make him feel good, that’s about it.

Fed-Kun's army
"Then I won't forgive you."

Such a great sentence.

I also still really, really like that art. Looking at some of the panels it just begs to be painted on a plate and glazed -- and I have done that myself, and I know, it really would work. The art begs to be painted an glazed, I'm so amazed.

(Oh, and the story keeps going strong, too.)

Dex-chan lover
Aaaaah, I started by being so annoyed by Kumahei and then Aoko just wears her hair down for once and I feel better.

Dex-chan lover
Such a great chapter. Now that guy can fuck off so we can finally get the two mains together.

Dex-chan lover
He was having an emotional affair with the bakery lady long before her kids called him daddy. It's just inexcusable to integrate into another woman's life to that extent without even maintaining contact with your partner

Banned
Dude is legit gonna cheat on Bakery Mum if he finds himself in a similar circumstance and she doesn't deserve that either.

Dude really just turned to her and said "Please listen to the story of how I cheated on you but don't be mad, okay?" What fucking trash.

Dex-chan lover
he’s a people pleaser to a fault. coincidentally, the topic of being a “people pleaser” is quite hot in twitter for the past few days. some are calling it
manipulative. don’t have much thoughts on the topic but kumahei taking advantage of aoko could fall into that, no?

Double-page supporter
NUH UH. NOOOOOPPPPEEE... What a fucking selfish piece of shit!!!!!
He helps people, sure, cool. But to the point where you just leave your loved ones, no contact and come back thinking he'll get accepted and forgiven?
FUCK NO.
"But kids were involved!"
NOPE. He didn't set any boundaries when they tested it by calling him "Daddy".
I was so happy when Aoko wasn't having any of it and basically told him "you done? fuck off now". 👏👏👏
This Kumahei is the poster child for fuckboi.
OMG it's been a while since I've hated a fictional character so much. I'm fuming.

Users who are viewing this thread