Ao no Hana, Utsuwa no Mori - Vol. 6 Ch. 26 - Chapter 26

Dex-chan lover
shojosei afficionnados me ''aw, he's cooking pasta for her, that's so sweet''

european me '' wait a minute, is he casually gonna cook the most polisazing dish in europe ?''

03_Text-Image_Wide.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Thanks again for the work, earlbay(and send our love to Lore! Glad she's feeling better).

Man, I was giggling and grinning all throughout this chapter. I even let out a tiny shriek when he brushed her hair away from her face. It... It caught me by surprise, OK? 🤭

So... A house date. With a storm coming. And there's wine. All the elements are there. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...

@earlbay

some typo's:
page 6/42, 1st paragraph line 3: on the other hand, p(r)efers vessels without patterns (the R is missing in "prefer" )
page 17/42 1st panel: no way dude, i'm so embarras(S)ed (the second S is missing in "embarrassed" )

phrasing (subjective):
page 11/42 first two panels: "[...] you've made a very nice vessel. I think i can confidently show the guests who come here to look"
-> i'm somehow missing the "link" that it is "the vessel" (she) is "confident" about "showing". It somehow passes if "show" is understood very broadly as "showcasing"/"exposing"/"entertaining"... And i don't have a good proposition for change without rephrasing the whole thing. (so) I guess i'm just curious if you indeed chose "show" on purpose, to be unterstood in it's contextuality, or if it's just due to oversight (or any other reason) ;p

In general: congrulations on the translations !!
I feel you have a good sense of how the author writes their dialogues. I really feel like i can somehow catch the "unwritten" humour (that i imagine) between the verbal exchanges and the contextual info/play on words/bowl names/etc. :)

Dex-chan lover
i found this by chance today and all I wanna say is thank you so much for the food scanslating all alone must be tiring.

I hope storm will just force them to stay at one place together and not reflecting that something "stormy" happens between them.

Dex-chan lover
They are soo adorable! Oh that awkward lovely stage when the relationship just begins... Will the bad weather force them stay in and spend the night together? ^^

On a separate note - do not worry about taking long to put out the translations! I appreciate all the explanations about pottery, it really enhances the experience when reading this manga. And I love that you are serious about it. After all, the author could've picked a generic office setting and fill the background with vague talk of some projects, presentations and so on, as happens in many romance mangas. But the author chose this particular setting, with all its details, and I love that with your translation we get what mangaka wanted to convey in full.

Dex-chan lover
After all, the author could've picked a generic office setting and fill the background with vague talk of some projects, presentations and so on, as happens in many romance mangas. But the author chose this particular setting, with all its details, and I love that with your translation we get what mangaka wanted to convey in full.
You should read the rest of Kodama Yuki's works, she's really into well researched environments. That, and bittersweet romance. But this one seems to be headed for saccharine rather than pathos.

Definitely appreciate the hard work going into these scanlations.

Dex-chan lover
@earlbay

some typo's:
page 6/42, 1st paragraph line 3: on the other hand, p(r)efers vessels without patterns (the R is missing in "prefer" )
page 17/42 1st panel: no way dude, i'm so embarras(S)ed (the second S is missing in "embarrassed" )

phrasing (subjective):
page 11/42 first two panels: "[...] you've made a very nice vessel. I think i can confidently show the guests who come here to look"
-> i'm somehow missing the "link" that it is "the vessel" (she) is "confident" about "showing". It somehow passes if "show" is understood very broadly as "showcasing"/"exposing"/"entertaining"... And i don't have a good proposition for change without rephrasing the whole thing. (so) I guess i'm just curious if you indeed chose "show" on purpose, to be unterstood in it's contextuality, or if it's just due to oversight (or any other reason) ;p

In general: congrulations on the translations !!
I feel you have a good sense of how the author writes their dialogues. I really feel like i can somehow catch the "unwritten" humour (that i imagine) between the verbal exchanges and the contextual info/play on words/bowl names/etc. :)
Thanks for the catches and kind words! They have been corrected!
(I'm sure if I would use another program besides paint to do these, I would actually catch these misspellings 🥴)

I also updated page 11 with hopefully better phrasing. The intention was if someone were viewing the gallery and they come upon their piece, the director would feel confident in being able to explain the concept and the process behind the vessels! I changed the wording slightly so hopefully it comes across better.

Thanks for reading! :)

Dex-chan lover
They are soo adorable! Oh that awkward lovely stage when the relationship just begins... Will the bad weather force them stay in and spend the night together? ^^

On a separate note - do not worry about taking long to put out the translations! I appreciate all the explanations about pottery, it really enhances the experience when reading this manga. And I love that you are serious about it. After all, the author could've picked a generic office setting and fill the background with vague talk of some projects, presentations and so on, as happens in many romance mangas. But the author chose this particular setting, with all its details, and I love that with your translation we get what mangaka wanted to convey in full.
Thank you for your kind words!

While there's also the dynamic of you readers waiting on the chapter, as the translator, I WANT YOU GUYS TO READ IT! BUT! I want to be sure you guys are reading something that I think is the best quality it can be. I appreciate your patience so much! :)

Users who are viewing this thread