Ao no Shima to Neko Ippiki

Dex-chan lover
Idyllic island life is becoming a pleasure to read.

Dex-chan lover
Yay... Let's go for another infinite loop...
At least the setting is nice this time.

Dex-chan lover
No romance tag huh ? So you telling me the manga where protagonist begin a new life, living together with a high school girl who he get along ten year ago and there will be nothing happen at all ?
Anyways, she sure a lovely wife there, author

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, definitely something that combines both the countryside backgrounds with coastal backgrounds.

Island life is good.

This is by the same author of Pastel, a manga I've read a long time ago, since I've only read the first chapter of this I can only assume that the author has a thing for this kind of setting where a boy and a girl start living together in the countryside...

Only series I've read from the author are pastel and parallel two cute young love stories. Of 3 chapters so far not feeling it so far one issue is I don't mind age gap romances in this one it comes of awkward and weird. The most compelling thing so far is how the protagonist girlfriend left him and how the girls dad is missing. I get the feeling the dads dead but she doesn't want to tell him.

Dex-chan lover
@Tcof Well, it's by the mangaka of Pastel, which means first, sure, there will definitely be romance, but second, we could be old and grey before anything happens so it might be fair to wait ten volumes or so before hanging the romance tag on . . .

Dex-chan lover
@Solitude Heh. Kind of. Except not as stylish. Pastel is this old school thing where each chapter is kind of the same--a bit of fanservice, a bit of will-they-wont-they make any progress, the MC getting mocked for being a weenie, every so often another girl showing up to do meaningless pseudo-harem bits that obviously won't happen. Eventually the two leads get together but the formula doesn't change, you get dozens of chapters of "Will they make any progress towards sex" and such. But somehow there's something sorta heartwarming about the characters, and it's very relaxing, so it's not like it's terrible.

I have to say I enjoyed Island life when I lived in Okinawa and in the Philippines.
I am enjoying contrasting the similarities and the differences between this manga and Yasashii-hikari as they come out.

I love this mangaka's style, and I really like the more mature tone of this story. Everything is just so wholesome and beautiful. No loser-kun, no harem, no clueless, pointless drama. And people make up immediately after being unfairly cross. I suspect I'll be happily reading this for a few years.

Dex-chan lover
Lovely wistful artstyle. Well thought out plot structure. Love this series. Thanks a heap for translating!!

Dex-chan lover
?
I believe I read around >5 chapters of this manga
Does it get removed at some points?

ps: nevermind
https://mangadex.org/title/31762/ao-no-shima-to-neko-ippiki

Ps: Nice. Now the comment section got merged and this comment will look out of place.

Supporter
Well this is weird. What's going on folks, we already have another entry for this manga and they're 9 chapters in.

Well, I saw that Tristanthorn and Co. were scanlating this, so I had to give it a shot. I enjoy the slow paced humour and the interesting characters. Definitely a follow.

Users who are viewing this thread