Aoi Horus no Hitomi: Dansou no Joou no Monogatari - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - A kiss at sunset

Fed-Kun's army
Yes! Not only the series is back (many thanks to the scanlators!), but now we're finally starting the juicy part of Hatshepsut's story: her rise to power.

I'm assuming first and last referred times she poisoned him so did she kill him out of mercy or to just get the throne.

@starbright the priests were the one originally poisoning him. one of the queen's subjects caught them talking about their plans(page 15-16). She took advantage of this since they were plotting to get rid of her as well so they could rule by proxy. She gave him the last dosage of the poison, hence it was the first time she poisoned him and the last. I assume see did it as a attempt to steal power. If it was done out of mercy/kindness she would have probably told him of the priests, it also makes more sense for her established character if it were based on power instead of mercy. I hope I replied to your post correctly, as I was unsure of what you meant exactly.

Dex-chan lover
Did she poisoned him or someone else? I thought they are implying she progressively poison him. How much cyanide does she has to use? I think cyanide accumulative cyanide exposure doesn’t cause death as easily and most of the time you just straight up give your target a big dose of it from food and they’ll die within hours? It’s all quite confusing. Maybe his mistress also poison him as revenge for her mistreatment.

@SirAutimo thanks yeah you answered my question just curious why she decided to poison him in the end but your right its likely power but she didn't have to say that last things to him and kiss him. And saying she never saw him as enemy but in his dying moments only looking at him with scorn. Seemed last parts were blue if so why say it when you can easily overpower him and give the poison.

Wonder how the kids will turn out and if there will be another power struggle between them. Don't know the actual history of this and how faithful they've been to it so far.

Seemed last parts were blue if so why say it when you can easily overpower him and give the poison.
I imagine there would be signs of struggle if she tried to overpower him. It was a much smarter move to play as a wife visiting dying husband and hearing his last words. Even when he got paranoid and thought she was the one poisoning him all along and tried to stab her, the situation was still salvageable(she could hide the knife easily and say the pharaoh had a violent outburst and knocked things over while at deaths door, no one can question a corpse), where as forcing it down his throat would be much messier and harder to bullshit. Even while severally weakened,the Pharaoh could probably do shit like hold his mouth closed and bite your hand. Which means she would have to explain why she had bite marks on her hand and why the Pharaohs drink was spilled around his head, at which point the priests would frame her as the one doing the poisoning all along. makes sense?

Group Leader
Thank you so much for the update! I'm hooked on this series and am really interested to see where it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread