Ariadne in the Blue Sky - Vol. 22 Ch. 217 - Are You Alone?

Double-page supporter
Well, not the ending I was hoping for, but well, that's the ending. At least we get a good ending tho. Thanks for the chapter!

Fed-Kun's army
I expected to read more as I really liked this story but it still is a nice ending. Thanks for the ride

Dex-chan lover
The story went weird places and seemed like the author changed his mind massively on what he wanted his story to be but it was pretty nice and the ending is pretty cool.

Kind of a shame the second twin barely appeared and got no development or proper personality basically.

I get a sense he might've pulled another Claymore. After it was over he revealed he gave up planning ahead pretty quickly on it (he expected the axe after the first or second arc) and just kind of spitballed where to go next as it came to him. Volume after volume, the axe never arrived so by the time he got to a point he felt was "the end" he found himself having to corral all those ideas back into something unified.

Fed-Kun's army
I get a sense he might've pulled another Claymore. After it was over he revealed he gave up planning ahead pretty quickly on it (he expected the axe after the first or second arc) and just kind of spitballed where to go next as it came to him. Volume after volume, the axe never arrived so by the time he got to a point he felt was "the end" he found himself having to corral all those ideas back into something unified.
Is there confirmation on that?
Well, regardless, with Claymore the corralling was done in such a way that it really did wrap up naturally.
The overarching plots of the treacherous organization, the various monster and hunter personalities, the mystery of the Yoma, and the epic battle between the heroine and main bad were resolved. Even the wrapping up of the organization/yoma mystery before the main battle was done in a way that helped resolve and move forward the plot to the suitable climax.
This was...definitely axed or rushed in a very painful way. I'm feeling axed. There were too many ideas that weren't resolved in a remotely sensible or satisfying way to explain it.
I liked the story, but sprawling stories like this only really feel good when they have an ending that pulls together the major threads, resolves them in a fulfilling manner, and leaves tantalizing bits of the unfinished ones.

Dex-chan lover
I missed the time when they were actually adventuring and drank milk from the cowgirls boobs

Dex-chan lover
I think I agree with most in regards the ending was rushed and feel there were many plot points and details unresolved in the end, though considering how the reality changed and what Lacile's priorities were it makes sense we didn't see them.

Even still, I love the ending for the characters themselves, I'm very happy for how they all turned out, thanks to the war and what was happening their lives were painfully torn away from them and they were forced to fight, scavenge, rob or be enslaved for survival, it makes me happy to see them having the chance to live happy lives.

Thank you very much for the scanlation of this series, I'm very happy to have read it.

Dex-chan lover
I actually don't mind this ending, it's rushed but it at least landed somewhat gracefully. Good series overall.

Dex-chan lover
The ending was okay but kind of wish it had stayed bittersweet. This was a good series but once it was moved from the magazine it fell off slightly

Dex-chan lover
Read all 217 chapters over 3 days.

You could see the axe coming when Popol started talking to Aura thru the light bugs. The series could've gone on 100 more chapters at the leisurely pace the author was taking. I do think the world building was great and the ending was done smartly. Given how time travel stories are usually a mess I think having Lacille meet back up with Leana and Salena as the children of Sieg and the former Priestess was excellent closure.

If more time had been given I expect that we would have seen Hazan go off to train with the other Hero that injured him. That hero and Hazan would've been roped back into the story somehow (future Ariadne most likely). Dark and Boyd would've gotten small rescue arcs too or at least some background build up. Jiura and the Dark Tribe were also meant to be expanded upon.

I think all the major storyboard points got touched on in the end and you could see where extra chapters would have been spent. This was a fun read, I liked Claymore and also this series. Looking forward to what Yagi works on next.

Dex-chan lover
... what ? is the new priest at the end supposed to be Meme and Pipi older sister? After passing down her powers, the priestess gone off and married Seig?

also, doesn't that means the OGLucile is an anomaly? there should be NewLucile and his brother.

The last 5 chapter was faster than light. They just drop August, added Hazan's last hurrah and the end.

I guess using so much time shenanigans you prone to write yourself into a wall.

Users who are viewing this thread