Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - Vol. 4 Ch. 24 - Critical Moment

Dex-chan lover
@blackbird

It's funny you say that because that is exactly her personality and exactly how all the folks in the novel felt. Miledi tried to make her dungeon as annoying as possible. They kept getting sent back to the start for weeks before they managed to get to the core.

You know what? Tomorrow I'm going back to school and this just boosted my happiness lvl by 3 which will counter the -5 tomorrow

Contributor
What she says towards the end about "they need to at least get over this to defeat the mad gods" is one of the tropes I've always hated. I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those stories where they set up a bunch of 'evil' guardians to impede the hero's progress. Only they're not evil, they also hate the 'last boss/mad gods'. So they'll kill thousands of heroes until they find the one hero strong enough to kill them all one-on-one, and maybe that guy will be strong enough to kill the mad gods.

But there's serious flaws in this. What if the hero that's strong enough to kill one of them dies fighting the second? What's the next hero supposed to do if it's now impossible to defeat them all because one of the guardians is already dead? If a hero that's barely strong enough to individually defeat the guardians in a row becomes strong enough to beat the 'last boss', then why don't all the guardians just team up to fight the 'last boss/mad gods' together? There doesn't seem to be any restrictions on team combat, or the heroes wouldn't be able to have companions either. What about all the other heroes they could have trained to be stronger instead of killing off?

@seekermoc I would imagine the scenario is something like, if the person who defeats the guardian dies then the guardian is revived. Also maybe the guardians tried before and failed, so they do this now because they think that maybe if one person were capable of wielding the unique magic of each of them they will become strong enough to do what they could not together. Also fuck it, manga stories rarely make complete sense and things are always blown way out of proportion but that is what makes them fun to read, and what gives us our MC.

Dex-chan lover
@seekermoc You should know by now, there wont ever be anthing to challenge hajime in any way, there might be some supposed moments of tension, but after leaving the first dungeon everything will always go Hajimes way always.

@LysandersTreason Theres a difference between the dungeon and the character, and milady was annoying for much more, specially because the author looked like he was setting her up as a tragic heroine, which he failed to do in so many ways, why do you think a spin off was made all about her?

Fed-Kun's army
@seekermoc
There is no current implications of the guardians being good or evil, they are there to protect the various labyrinths.

Dex-chan lover
This boss doesn't look like female. It's a golem. How can they have a gender? Ok, with other logic even golems can rape MC as seen in MGQ.

@seekermoc

This is explained later in the WN/LNs, but....(this is somewhat spoiler heavy, so don't click unless you really want to or you've read all of the WN and up to V7 of the LN)

Dungeons:
Each of the dungeons is designed around a 'trial'. Orcus, for example, is building up combat experience with various monsters, while this one is to not rely on magic and not get mad by being taunted repeatedly. And, the labyrinths self-regenerate over time, so if it is destroyed, eventually the last boss, or anything else, will reappear again. However, it is unknown how long that would take.

The Liberators:
Each of them protect their labyrinth with various things and prevent anyone unworthy from getting the 'Age of Gods' magic at the end.

Teaming up:
Every liberator but Miledi (who was turned into a golem) is dead, so they cannot 'team up' to kill last boss.

Contributor
@ThyUnsuspicious

Thanks, that explains a lot about the setting without spoiling too much.

@Isotab

You're right, I do tend to read too much into things. But when I'm following ~100 different fantasy manga (self-inflicted, I know) I tend to drop the ones that either aren't distinctly memorable, or where the story/setting makes no sense.

@boag

Yeah, with how dark it started out, I almost forgot it's still an Isekai, complete with an OP MC. I do really wish they'd stop forcing Isekai origins, and the accompanying tropes, onto all fantasy setting manga when it adds nothing of value to the story.

Dex-chan lover
why drag fights so fucking long? just get them over with and move on to the fucking / plot

Dex-chan lover
@seekermoc
I suggest you jump ship by the time they reach the ice dungeon, the stupidity will have compressed enough for people to notice
The trail of the Ice dungeon puts you up against your "dark side"
but Hajime is SO AWESOME, he just brute forces it, Kendo girl learns that she is a cockslut deep at heart and wants to jump on hajimes cock, Kouki gets shat on again, and by the end gets cucked by his last friend, from here on out Kouki will be nice little cuck that just stays and sees how all the girls swoon for Hajimes penis.

Later on Hajime defeats god, has his orgy with all the girls, including the teacher and the princess, goes back to earth, with the powers of a god, changes his appearence to look like he was, and is met by his mom and dad, and they both accept the harem of girls, also his mom is a SUPER FAMOUS MANGAKA, and his dad is the CEO of the most Succesful VIDEOGAME COMPANY EVER!

He goes on to rule the world and his wives get worshiped as goddesses.

Users who are viewing this thread