Arknights: Get to know Rhodes Island (Doujinshi) - Ch. 4 - Closure's Greeting Punch

Double-page supporter
You really have to wonder why they use "Sanity" to label the stamina currency.

Gameplay and lore-wise, it would be more accurate to use "Focus", because the player character, the Doctor, is figuratively uploading his consciousness into PRTS system so he can see the whole battlefield and command the deployment of units and their skill usage just like how we played the game. Hence why every operation would take toll on the Doctor's brain.
Even i personally believe the AR in the name to be referring to this element of Augmented-Reality.

Oh but don't get me wrong, i'm fine with the decision of using "Sanity" cuz it works really well for the memes. 😎
It's just, it gave the impression that there will be a common occurrences of eldritch or lovecraftian element in the lore, but all we get in that department is really just the Abyssal Hunters' backstory.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, me during the event.
"Finally, I've burned through all my san-"
"HERE'S TODAY'S FAST FOOD DELIVERY, DOC"

Dex-chan lover
CLOSURE AS AN OPERATOR WHENNNNN????? I WANT HER AS MY ASSISTANT

Dex-chan lover
Yup that's exactly how my first week of arknights went. Those early story missions cost almost no San.

@Harammony I think the reason they use sanity is war can be brutal physically and mentally, and the doctor is getting a front row seat, plus with having to command multiple operators, that would be mentally draining.

Users who are viewing this thread