Arknights: OPERATORS! - Ch. 38.1 - Ursus Student Self-Governing Group - ①

Dex-chan lover
cSrz81i.png

doktuh knows the weaknesses

Dex-chan lover
Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Imagine if the TL would just name and shame instead of being a drama queen and saying they'll stop because someone is ripping off their superior work. Makes no sense.
"I'm going to stop making chocolate chip cookies because the bakery next door stole my recipe and replaced the chocolate with shit."
I mean, it's still their work. If they want to stop because of that, or whatever other reasons, it's their rights.

rather, you and your attitude sucks dude. You sound really demanding, like a child. Grow up wouldcha?

Group Leader
Imagine if the TL would just name and shame instead of being a drama queen and saying they'll stop because someone is ripping off their superior work. Makes no sense.
"I'm going to stop making chocolate chip cookies because the bakery next door stole my recipe and replaced the chocolate with shit."
I avoided namedropping because it's also a warning to other people who may try to steal my or others' work. It's common sense in the scanlation community to not do this but since some people can't follow the etiquette I felt it was necessary to address. It's demoralizing when someone steals your work and I've had it happen to me many times before. I spend my own time doing this for free so I have the right to drop a series whenever I want for whatever reasons. No clue why you're being so aggressive here when you clearly don't scanlate yourself.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's still their work. If they want to stop because of that, or whatever other reasons, it's their rights.

rather, you and your attitude sucks dude. You sound really demanding, like a child. Grow up wouldcha?
Never demanded anything of the TL'er. Don't put words in my mouth; I merely stated the fact that others poor rip off of your work isn't a reason to give up, especially if it's self proclaimed passion project. Don't get mad because you can't read.
I avoided namedropping because it's also a warning to other people who may try to steal my or others' work. It's common sense in the scanlation community to not do this but since some people can't follow the etiquette I felt it was necessary to address. It's demoralizing when someone steals your work and I've had it happen to me many times before. I spend my own time doing this for free so I have the right to drop a series whenever I want for whatever reasons. No clue why you're being so aggressive here when you clearly don't scanlate yourself.
If I quit drawing because someone traced my art only myself and my followers stand to lose from it. The whole "TL etiquette" is baffling and strange to me. If someone stole my work I'd put them on blast and tell people to avoid it. I don't know why you wouldn't value your own work the same way. Addressing it is great. Threatening to kneecap yourself because of others is weird.

If you want to drop the series: go ahead. It'd be a shame to lose an excellent TL but it wouldn't change my mind that's it's silly to stop doing something because someone did crappy thievery of your work. If it's demoralizing to have theft, then work for the continued patronage of those who appreciate your work instead. Otherwise it just means you value those wish to harm you more than you value those who regularly appreciate your work.

Dex-chan lover
Why are translators such drama queens

Because they think that just because they can translate means that people would support them blindly through threats.

In this particular situation,the "I have a right to stop" does not help anyone.

They stop,the other guy just keeps making his lower quality translations,and we the readers will just read those,great solution,eh?

It's the same nonsense when online artist complain that they will stop making work for whatever reason,forgetting just how saturated the competition is,they'll be missed for a day or two as their fans move onto the literal tens of thousands of options to choose from.

If you want people to support you,then the best way is to point out who to not support due to their bad habits and showcase that you do a better job with the end result.

Dex-chan lover

"Don't steal my work or I will stop making it."

Thieves keep doing so.

You stop.

They finish up what is left and steal elsehwere,readers move on.

This is a bad plan.

"People are stealing my work,avoid these people,they do lower quality work."

You list who to avoid,showing comparison between their results and yours.

Readers avoid them,they get no further traction to continue.

You keep doing good work,readers keep reading from you.

This is the better plan.

Dex-chan lover

And then they let the guy who was doing lower quality work win,because then they would be the source of translations,wonderful idea that has never worked in favour of the one who used their "right".

Dex-chan lover
And then they let the guy who was doing lower quality work win,because then they would be the source of translations,wonderful idea that has never worked in favour of the one who used their "right".
uh, are you dumb or what? The other guy was using their translation to "translate" it into his own language (Indonesian). If the English translation stop, so would that guy, he wouldn't become the "source of translations".
"People are stealing my work,avoid these people,they do lower quality work."

You list who to avoid,showing comparison between their results and yours.

Readers avoid them,they get no further traction to continue.
the point isn't just for that guy to have no readers (cuz literally no one read from him already). The point is for him to stop stealing translations AND begging for donations. That is only solvable by either A) he stops doing so himself (either out of guilt or out of being shamed by us readers) or B) the English translation stops so he has nowhere to steal from.

Anw, you should stop spending energy being mad at the @SWS_Mikhail and spend that energy on scolding the Indonesian dude, since if he stops, the English translation will continue like normal.

Dex-chan lover
uh, are you dumb or what? The other guy was using their translation to "translate" it into his own language (Indonesian). If the English translation stop, so would that guy, he wouldn't become the "source of translations".

the point isn't just for that guy to have no readers (cuz literally no one read from him already). The point is for him to stop stealing translations AND begging for donations. That is only solvable by either A) he stops doing so himself (either out of guilt or out of being shamed by us readers) or B) the English translation stops so he has nowhere to steal from.

Anw, you should stop spending energy being mad at the @SWS_Mikhail and spend that energy on scolding the Indonesian dude, since if he stops, the English translation will continue like normal.
So you agree that it would've been more effective to name and shame than to vague post about it? Who is mad the EN TL? Not every bit of criticism you read is filled with hate or malicious feelings.

Dex-chan lover

Are you sure about that?

There'd be nothing stopping that guy from simply translating the Japanese to Indonesian straight away,there's various translating tools out there.

Just because the English version stops doesn't mean he will.

Guilt or shame?,online?,you need your head checked.

The only way to stop it is to actively tell people who he is,what he is doing,and showcase why no one should support him.

And clearly there are people reading it,because this problem wouldn't even exist if no one was reading it.

The real clincher is that he's translating to Indonesian for a nation that really doesn't need it,those smart enough to bypass the Indonesian laws against animated entertainment media with VPNs are more then capable of reading English.

In short,we can actively tell the Indonesian readers,in English,to stop supporting that guy,because of all this,and they would be mostly fine afterwards.

Group Leader
[Cut for spacing]
[Cut for spacing]

I understand where you two are coming from and I can't keep an eye on this thread because it's already become rather lengthy and I've been busy as of late. Thank you for the criticism-- as a creator I find it disheartening when others steal from me and it makes me want to work on my projects less. It's not me wanting to give up because of one or two assholes but rather I'm doing this for fun + passion and if it begins to take a toll on my mental health, I won't have the energy to continue. I doubt the person will stop but I hate having to deal with or even acknowledge scan drama because it seems unprofessional from an outsider's perspective.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I doubt the person will stop but I hate having to deal with or even acknowledge scan drama because it seems unprofessional from an outsider's perspective.
The important part is to not have drama.

Have action.

Drama is what you did,which didn't bring in what was actually needed.

Action would be to actively call out the pity fool so the actual weight of those who care can be directed full force.

Keep up the good work,mate,and strike down all those who dare become the next pity fool.

Users who are viewing this thread