Arrogant Slave - Ch. 3 - Clothes and Bath

Contributor
If she's worrying about having nothing to do, that means she's not there as a servant, much less a sex slave. I guess he bought her just for the sake of having one more person in the house... his pet human, maybe?

Group Leader
This is a minor grammatical thing, and its possible its just an American English thing, but most people would not use fine in the way its used in the 5th bubble of the first page. "What, are your rags good enough for you?" or better "So, you're okay with your rags?" Also, the last bubble of the first panel, "That just means the dirt will come off faster, no?". There are some more grammatical issues in the second panel, do you happen to have a proof reader, because if you don't it may be a good idea to get one.

Dex-chan lover
This is a minor grammatical thing, and its possible its just an American English thing, but most people would not use fine in the way its used in the 5th bubble of the first page. "What, are your rags good enough for you?" or better "So, you're okay with your rags?" Also, the last bubble of the first panel, "That just means the dirt will come off faster, no?". There are some more grammatical issues in the second panel, do you happen to have a proof reader, because if you don't it may be a good idea to get one.
"What, you're fine with your rags?" is also good, if you want to use the word "fine". (Even if not the most-grammatically correct, this is a common usage.)

Group Leader
Thanks for the criticism, I'm a one man team atm so I do everything. Thanks for suggestions!

Dex-chan lover
I checked the raws and I just want to mention that she often refers to her master as "Mr Commoner" and that's often translated here as her talking about commoners in general. I'm not an expert at Japanese, so I could be wrong. But on the second page, when she says "Don't commoners wash themselves? there's nothing left for me to do! I'll be jobless!" I think she actually says: "Don't wash yourself, Mr Commoner, I will lose my job, wont I!"

The original japanese is: 庶民の方が自分で体洗うんじゃないわよ、私の仕事が無くなるじゃない
Where she calls him "shomin no kata" when addressing him, I think.

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
I checked the raws and I just want to mention that she often refers to her master as "Mr Commoner" and that's often translated here as her talking about commoners in general. I'm not an expert at Japanese, so I could be wrong. But on the second page, when she says "Don't commoners wash themselves? there's nothing left for me to do! I'll be jobless!" I think she actually says: "Don't wash yourself, Mr Commoner, I will lose my job, wont I!"

The original japanese is: 庶民の方が自分で体洗うんじゃないわよ、私の仕事が無くなるじゃない
Where she calls him "shomin no kata" when addressing him, I think.
That would make a lot more sense because this chapter is confusing to me

Dex-chan lover
That would make a lot more sense because this chapter is confusing to me
There are a few strange translations like this in the early chapters, probably because it can be a bit unclear if she is addressing the guy as "Mr Commoner" or if she is saying "common people (are)". The latest chapters have pretty much exact translations, though.

Users who are viewing this thread