Artiste - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - Episode 21

Dex-chan lover
[clenches fist] the moment i read that they dont even have a contract for him is the moment i know how it will get resolved it's so good

Double-page supporter
This chapter is so sad, it really showed the hard world of mangaka. I'm so mad at the editor who push him to quit the job, just horrible.

This chapter is so sad, it really showed the hard world of mangaka. I'm so mad at the editor who push him to quit the job, just horrible.
The moment where the author drew the editor guy in a realistic/dark way, was a successful moment to showcase how trash he is.
But it was more about the moment where the editor didn't know it wasnt yuri, doesn't know the plot, that gave the signal something is truly wrong.

Just like the fact, there are "bad apples" everywhere,
in reverse, there are epic irl editors, like the one of Naruto, that helped turn the work into masterpieces.

(info : Author wanted at beginning to write Naruto as son of Kyuubi, coughFURRYcough, hence why there is the plothole bullying childhood thing. There is a old official drawing fox-naruto by the author somewhere in internet)

Also kinda bullshit that the editor tell him to quit his job, when clearly the manga even isnt sure it will published. In fact, even if it's published, unless its very popular, the remuneration won't be enough at all to support. But yeah, "no contract" is a pit.

-----------
PS : In fact, is it possible it was a scam/MLM-scheme all along ? I skipped some pages, and indeed there were irl "no contract, drawing manga" before. But i don't remember at all anywhere in the 2ch, any mention of official document that the "editor" is truly working for manga company.
Imagine getting a internet stranger telling "Hey i am from X company, plz quit your job and draw."
Author end in a half-finished way the arc so it keep a wholesome vibe, without revealing the truth nor if "editor" got retribution. Its good, but slightly unsatisfying.
Would have been nice seeing bonus 1-2 pages, showing the "editor" being arrested/reported OR fired (carrying cardboard box) and throwing a anger-fit on the road. Perfect closing end.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
The moment where the author drew the editor guy in a realistic/dark way, was a successful moment to showcase how trash he is.
But it was more about the moment where the editor didn't know it wasnt yuri, doesn't know the plot, that gave the signal something is truly wrong.

Just like the fact, there are "bad apples" everywhere,
in reverse, there are epic irl editors, like the one of Naruto, that helped turn the work into masterpieces.

(info : Author wanted at beginning to write Naruto as son of Kyuubi, coughFURRYcough, hence why there is the plothole bullying childhood thing. There is a old official drawing fox-naruto by the author somewhere in internet)

Also kinda bullshit that the editor tell him to quit his job, when clearly the manga even isnt sure it will published. In fact, even if it's published, unless its very popular, the remuneration won't be enough at all to support. But yeah, "no contract" is a pit.

-----------
PS : In fact, is it possible it was a scam/MLM-scheme all along ? I skipped some pages, and indeed there were irl "no contract, drawing manga" before. But i don't remember at all anywhere in the 2ch, any mention of official document that the "editor" is truly working for manga company.
Imagine getting a internet stranger telling "Hey i am from X company, plz quit your job and draw."
Author end in a half-finished way the arc so it keep a wholesome vibe, without revealing the truth nor if "editor" got retribution. Its good, but slightly unsatisfying.
Would have been nice seeing bonus 1-2 pages, showing the "editor" being arrested/reported OR fired (carrying cardboard box) and throwing a anger-fit on the road. Perfect closing end.
Yea, I guess it's partially the mangaka's fault for listen to the editor and quit his job without any contract or insurance while living in a foreign country. Normal people wouldn't do it. These two chapters might reflect some truth in the real world, and try to warn people about these kinds of situations. I don't think it is a scam, but more like a harsh reality. Not only in the manga world, but many companies treat their employees this way, they lay off people without a single care. I hope not many people get into this situation, but this is a valuable lesson.

Yea, I guess it's partially the mangaka's fault for listen to the editor and quit his job without any contract or insurance while living in a foreign country. Normal people wouldn't do it. These two chapters might reflect some truth in the real world, and try to warn people about these kinds of situations. I don't think it is a scam, but more like a harsh reality. Not only in the manga world, but many companies treat their employees this way, they lay off people without a single care. I hope not many people get into this situation, but this is a valuable lesson.
^Yep

In short, its a mixture of both.
Its blurry and not explicitly told directly
which is the truth. And letting reader choose for himself.

But of course, with your comment as explanation, looks like the author make it look 70% more likely its that and not a scam.
Making it : 1) More wholesome (no scam group)
2) Making megane guy less dumb despite "quitting his job" mistake
3) very educational Lesson to people

But then you get the "naruto plothole" problem. IF NOT A SCAM, gosh the manga company sure got retarded employees (the editor guy).
Though if you look at reality, you get "BLIZZARD", with BOBBY, that sell scam product like D4 (outsourced probably to chinese game studios for 50k) and shareholders that live in a cave, believing time-data means popularity. So its not really farfetched from reality to be honest.

PS : Repeating myself, i sure feel disappointed we get no "conclusion" on this shitty editor dude. And most likely never. As it would break the "wholesome/angst-good-end/madoka/justice-is-never-late" vibe of the manga. Wellllllll, unless lot of fans try to petition author.
PS PS : Random idea just thought. Its possible to explain-resolve the guy. Is to tell readers : [this editor was a disliked greedy-lazy fake-smile scumbag employee that wanted to rush-climb hierachy by getting a manga that exploit yuri popularity, hence didnt even read 2 pages of the manga]. Manga company discover they near missed this moving shoujo manga of megane-kun, fire editor, publish the manga, and it become popular. HAPPY END for megane-kun.
PS PS PS : I dont use twitter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread