Ashita wa Docchida! - Vol. 5 Ch. 25.1 - Part 2

Hmmm, but I would find it strange if a family doesn't have a single gay person. Between cousins and in laws, if your family is big enough, the chance of at least one of them being gay is pretty high. If we count those who repress it and bisexuals, not many people can claim that they're not related to a single queer person. So, I think it's statistically weird for both no one in the family to be gay, and for everyone in the family to be gay.

Everyone being gay is a trope not only in BL manga, but in slash fiction in general. Rather than wondering whether it's realistic or not, it's far easier to handwave it and just understand that the author wants to write about BL couples and it's easier to include multiple in one series than to try and get several series greenlit at once.

Also, on the subject of Ken... that boy is very deep in both denial and internalized homophobia. He's come to terms with the fact that he likes Kirara, but he can't wrap his head around the idea that maybe Kirara doesn't have to bottom just because he's smaller and cuter. He also can't accept that he himself is on the spectrum whether he likes it or not. They're hurdles that he's going to have to overcome eventually, because as the years go by, I doubt Kirara will fine with him maintaining the bullshit he is now. However, does any of this make him a terrible person? No. He's a teenager with ingrained ideas that his very sense of self is rebelling against. It doesn't make him terrible, it makes him a little tragic.

I can't believe I'm this invented in a comic about dumb high school kids messing around.

To be fair, most of the relationships here are all dumpster fire-levels of disastrous, but they're still handled pretty well compared to those I found in other yaoi titles with a more mature cast (and hell, J-dramas featuring adult heterosexual relationships).

Dex-chan lover
Ken KIND of deserved the first beating he got from his crazy ex, but this time, nah she's just flat out obsessed and crazy

Users who are viewing this thread