Askr Yggdrasil's Wood

Fed-Kun's army
It is nice to see an original setting. Cool art too but it has some problems with pacing and flow.

the title is so retarded, almost the same word repeated 3 times, Askr (which means an ash tree as the most common interpretation) Yggdrasil which is said to be an ash tree, and wood
asians infatuation with nordic culture is insane

Aggregator gang
Why so much hate for this manhua? the story seems promising. I guess the author is going for a long world building arc, kinda gives tower of god vibes. And the art is pretty good (aside from the occasional derp face). No delusional MC, and its not your usual moe shit.

Dex-chan lover
@Hell_Satan - I seem to remember something about the time flow being different on the world he was exiled to. I could be wrong though since its been awhile since I read it since I wanted to let a bunch of chapters pile up for a nice evening binge read.

Dex-chan lover
There's a lot of stories where the author overdoes it with the exposition, but I guess every now and then you get something like this instead, where the author forgets to drop hints on how things work even broadly. I mean, you can do that shit if you're doing a mystery type thing, or if you have a 10-chapter intro arc you've really thought out, but this reads like the author assumes you automatically know what he knows a lot of the time. Nobody likes the feeling of being left out of the loop.

Ah yes, she fucks up after going on about how strong she is and has to be saved. Dumb.

Starts out pretty good, but gets bonkers stupid about 20 chapters in. A story taking place 14+ billion years in the future is a cool idea for a cyberpunk style setting bordering on fantasy -- but I'm confused as to how the author thought a tournament arc at the beginning was a good idea; I guess it makes for good visuals. I would have really liked it if it stuck to the deep-time cyberpunk of the first part.

This story really reminds me a lot of Nihie Tsutomus stories like Blame! and Knights of Sidonia. The super advanced science world and the added gore from the visually stunning battles really draws me back mostly to Blame. I hate to compare but i freaken adore and love Blame aswell as this story. I hope this one gets even more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread