Aspe-chan

Double-page supporter
All these positives listed make me hope someone will one day make a manga like this about OCD.

Too bad OCD doesn't have any. Mine doesn't at least. ;-;

Anyway this is a really cute and informative manga.

Brief note: all of the traits listed of Aspergers aren't necessarily universal. Since autism is a spectrum. It's best to take this as "things common to people with Aspergers"

Dex-chan lover
I've been visiting Mangadex for a while now but this manga got me to make an account. Autism isn't actually a mental illness; it's a different way of perceiving & responding to the world. The real problem isn't our behavior but how others react to us. I'm grateful to this author going to the trouble of explaining things when I know how difficult self-expression is for people like us.

@2SpiritCherokeePrincess
A disorder isn't a disease, but it's still more than "a different way of perceiving & responding to the world".

The real problem isn't our behavior but how others react to us.

The problem is the gears not meshing. You can only be innocent until you realize what's going on, at which point you have to put forth the effort; you don't get to do nothing and blame other people.

Dex-chan lover
@Polycell
I do not have the ability to understand vague phrasing. What gears are you talking about? What problem did I cause by telling the truth in a post?

p.s. Thanks for a post that proved my point.

@2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Did they not teach you the concept of "context clues" in school? Even if you've somehow never heard that phrase before(of which I'm doubtful), it shouldn't be too hard to understand that I'm talking about the interaction between two groups of people being less than smooth. As for your "truth", if you're referring to placing all the blame on others, that's just you refusing to make an effort to meet people halfway; if you're referring to claiming it's not a disorder, you're just flat-out denying reality.

Dex-chan lover
@Polycell I never said it isn't a disorder. Perhaps it would have been more clear if my 1st post had said "disease" instead of "mental illness." So "gears not meshing" was meant to be a metaphor? I've never been good at those. I have actually spent my life trying to meet people halfway, but it doesn't do much good--as your response shows.

@Polycell
You seem to be the type that demands people with mental disorders to "do something, try harder and meet halfway" but doesn't do anything to help or meet halfway, and expect them to function normally in a society that wasn't meant for them like it wasn't a constant effort.

Has Akagikuro released any more of this and it just hasn't been translated, or is this all there currently is?

Users who are viewing this thread