Asper Kanojo

Fed-Kun's army
@ppradomo Fuck off dude, the author's said he's not even autistic. The manga is based on conversations he's had with autistic people.

man, I wished this was a higher priority on the scanlators list.. just looking through some of the chinese translations some of it seems really fucking good | or just another team of translators.
edit: came to see it finished; man i really wanna see it finish in english now

Double-page supporter
i think that this is spot on, i feel the existential dread of the fact that people like this will never have a place in society, and the fact that mental illness is incredibly serious.

Man, even when it gets picked up by a new group, it still gets inconsistent uploads

d0v

Anyone still translating this in english? Other languages are past 100 chapters at this point. This is a really good series, even if it's emotionally taxing.

I used to date a girl with bipolar disorder (for 3 years) maybe is not the same mental illness as the girl in this manga but they both have a lot of things in common, this manga portraits really good all the thing that they go through. It is really hard to see someone you love tear apart while you can only watch not because you don´t want to help but you can´t really do anything to help.

Group Leader
@d0v We're still working on it, but our staff has been busy. I explain the difference in chapter numbers at the end of chapter 38 (which is actually 61 in comparison to the Chinese release).

Dex-chan lover
@munami they exist but yeah they are rare. I know one an aunt of mine her husband has a schizophrenia though the relationship broke apart cause the dude kinda brain dead cause after he was cured he cheated so everyone hates him now cause everyone knows she stayed with him for nearly a decade just too fk up everything.

She definitely has the infinity patient when it comes to mental illness but not with cheating I don’t think patient is needed on cheaters anyway.

Aggregator gang
Why is the cover set to volume 10 when we've only just started getting chapters from vol6? Feels kinda spoiler-ish to me

Actually interesting. At least it's not trying to go gather sympathy (Koe no Katachi did that a bit with the pre-serialization) and instead tries to give you a raw input-output relationship with the "impaired" to make it more relatable for the reader.

Too often you get fairy tale settings where there is someone who is a deus ex machina without his/her own problems who salvages the broken human with "love" and "warmth".
In reality, this doesn't happen. However, we are now in a time where we can actually understand another human in the sense that we actually see and hear different things, our conception and reception of "reality" is different from individual to individual, so we are just one step away to actually accepting the others by acknowledging this truth, that reality is relative and individualistic, which in turn can allow us to understand the person right across of you. Sadly, children more often than not are at the same time too stupid and at the same time too smart for their own good, so if the teachers don't tell them in a way that they can understand, they will eventually create outcasts from the children that don't match with or adapt to their view of "reality".

This is why school often becomes a traumatic experience for many children, especially if they can't perceive the "reality" that others want to hear from them to affirm their view of "reality". So instead of asking themselves (which most children cannot do that deeply since they lack the intelligence and brain development to do so efficiently and thoroughly) if their perception is mismatched or if it is even valid, which might cause an identity crisis for some children since they live fueled by that "reality" (e.g. they have friends who agree with them, are praised by their parents and teachers and neighbours for acting according to it, the feel to succeed in something), it's easier for the subconscious or even the conscious to put the blame on the others for being non-conform with the "reality" that has been "the truth" for them.

And this is also why ideologies work so well and are so harmful to society as a whole, because it makes the conscious adult regress to a child-like mental state that tries to separate the "good" from the "bad" and the "truth" from the "lies". It makes people easy to control by creating factions that are supposedly at war with each other (e.g. the so-called "white supremacists"/"racists"/"bigots"/whatever term the other side uses, coined into the enemies of the "diverse"/"colourful"/"tolerant"/whatever term they describe themselves as) as we've seen so many times throughout history already.

Reading this manga should be an appeal to everyone to stop feigning ignorance and instead accept that there is not an "universal truth" founded in an "universal reality", and that the reality of everyone is completely different.
Now this doesn't mean we have to tolerate everything (crimes against property and the human body should never be compromised e.g.) and that we cannot act against something that threatens us, but it means that we cannot enforce ourselves onto others and overwrite their reality without a sound reason (e.g. to prevent self-harm by the means of injury or suicide), and we have to try to reason with the other side regardless of their stance unless there is nothing human left (e.g. child molester, serial rapist, habitual criminal).
[Please note that this doesn't apply in the case where it is impossible to reason with them due to a cultural or foreign genetics barrier, in which case the individual should be repatriated if it is harmful to the society it lived in]

@Asriel

Nice one, showing your ass like that in the last two paragraphs. Just making it reaaaaaly obvious what kind of shithead are you.

@ptaswist nice of you to put yourself as an example of how people are influenced by ideologies. How pathetic if everything you can write is an insult, all you've done is to present yourself as a laughing stock to everyone whose IQ is higher than one standard deviation below the Southern European average.

Users who are viewing this thread