Assassin Girl - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
What was the point of this story? It was just edgy for the sake of being edgy. It probably would have been fine if not for the last 2/3 pages.
Also how did she become an assassin? Why did she remain one? How did she get caught by the gang members? It's all so dumb.

Dex-chan lover

I WILL DIE ON MY HILL SAYING THIS WAS PRETTY GOOD!

Don't like the sexual themes/violence? That's your preference. And preferences are mostly okay to have.
Don't like loli or shota? That's your preference. And preferences are mostly okay to have.
Don't like TRAGIC stories? That's your preference. And preferences are mostly okay to have.

Don't like the pacing? That's your preference. And preferences are mostly okay to have. But ever considered you were simply just reading too fast? Hell even though this is a oneshot, it has 6 chapters/parts to it, so if you just speed read it, you probably wouldn't realize it's suppose to be broken up into different parts with time passing between them. Or simply don't understand some short stories do these sorts of timeskips/cut aways mid story, can't throw out the possibilities of people not knowing what/how they're reading

And oneshot stories are meant to be short stories

Last edited:
Contributor
Tragic doujinshi but kudos on the author for creating something yet brutal and somehow romantic at the same time without a real purpose or backstory. 9/10.

ps: Sad there is not an option to follow mangakas in this website, i miss this feature from the old MD days.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Quite the tragedy tag stripped down to its core. Not sure how I feel about this, but the most basic of bittersweet feelings.

At the very least, the consolation here is the boy saying "How's the girl doing" instead of "When she'll return", implying that they both parted ways after. Interesting note that the boy might be spared of all the depression stuff, only the girl taking the full brunt of the emotional baggage slam.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

I WILL DIE ON MY HILL SAYING THIS WAS PRETTY GOOD!

Don't like the sexual themes/violence? That's your preference. And preferences are mostly okay to have.
Don't like loli or shota? That's your preference. And preferences are mostly okay to have.
Don't like TRAGIC stories? That's your preference. And preferences are mostly okay to have.

Don't like the pacing? That's your preference. And preferences are mostly okay to have. But ever considered you were simply just reading too fast? Hell even though this is a oneshot, it has 6 chapters/parts to it, so if you just speed read it, you probably wouldn't realize it's suppose to be broken up into different parts with time passing between them. Or simply don't understand some short stories do these sorts of timeskips/cut aways mid story, can't throw out the possibilities of people not knowing what/how they're reading

And oneshot stories are meant to be short stories
Do you like godawful oneshots? That's your preference.

Dex-chan lover
Do you like godawful oneshots? That's your preference.
Sometimes, so basically yes.
I am a fan of Shindo L and Asanagi, if that helps you understand. And I've seen worse, so I'm not really that bothered by the stuff in this oneshot

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna say it, it was a good short story, was it bad in the sense the subject matter is fucked up? 100% but the author did a good job putting it all together in 10 short pages, if you don't like the content that's fine, but to call the story shit for it is dumb, every single thing can be used as a good way to develop a story, not to mention if the author just wanted to be edgy/make a dark manga for shits and giggles but going by the comments we can see he succeeded, we don't live in the 1980s anymore, stuff like murder is not an edgy/dark subject in 2023, true edgy/dark stuff, whether you like it or not, comes from things like sexual assault, "you can be edgy/dark without using rape" is cope, everyone is used to watching characters die in awful ways in every type of media, obviously I'm not telling you to like it but the fact people are whinging is proof it did it's purpose well.

Dex-chan lover
"you can be edgy/dark without using rape" is cope, everyone is used to watching characters die in awful ways in every type of media
That's the real cope. It takes skill to make a character death have weight, but it can be done even though everyone is used to violence in media. And rape for the sake of rape doesn't have much impact now, unless you consider tastelessness to be impactful by itself. There's a difference between dark and tasteless. I guess many people consider this manga tasteless (I'd agree with them, but only because there's no pay-off to justify it).
And, looking at the thread, this, apparently, wasn't properly tagged at first, so some people went in without expecting rape and tragedy.

Users who are viewing this thread