Assassin's Pride - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - The ladies gather in the castle of chains

Aggregator gang
This isn't awful, but man if it isn't generic I don't know what is.

@anakskul
No one fuckin' knows at this point. Probably going to have some BS explanation to her being special somehow later on, as is common in most manga in general. As far as we know, it was just a dream and maybe some fairly predictable and obtuse foreshadowing.

Dex-chan lover
@Starbright Isn't the bigger deal light and darkness? A night is still a bit more bright if there's a nice full moon in the sky.

@Kaarme hmm that make sense so pretty much meaning light within the darkness.

@lenovoaxioo theres also likely all boys schools for mana training aswell but looking at novel art seems the series only wants to focus on females but we see some male mana users.

@anakskul the dream was pretty straight forward it's just showing his comrades in the dark guild coming to kill him for not fullying his mission of killing melida if she doesn't awaken paladin mana meaning she isn't really from the angel household.

@lenovoaxioo you would think that there would be an all male mana school as well, but it seems no men can appear to challenge MC's harem (even though MC is quite badass)

Honestly I get these characters are mostly just arch types but I was hoping the fight loving girl(guy?) would at least do some investigating before deciding that MC is a traitor...like sure he is being investigated but from what we seen, the organization is thorough and collects information before fighting an enemy. I guess I was expecting too much from the author.

Dex-chan lover
@boogle I stopped expecting anything much from the author once it was revealed the MC dude is a vampire.

@boogle Lol, what harem? he only have 2, his target and the teacher, and hardly other male could ever get them... the other girls? who gives a f*ck if some other male goes after them, is not like they could ever play the same game as the target girl and the teacher for the MC.

But yeah, let's no insert any other male and just give to the MC the ilusion of a harem, full of girls who he never could interact with, and also already on the ''almighty'' YURI road.

Contributor
Don't talk about harem please.
The mc clearly only care about Melida and already hard rejected the female teacher (but now they're still good friends).

I already read the latest novel. About Melida birth
She still don't have Paladin mana. But Paladin mana in Vol.10 is Elize's mana. Kufa tricks everyone by temporary swaping.
However, there is a rare case that a child can born without mana. Willian Gin is that case. Same with Melida ?
Her mother appears as ghost once, but say nothing about her father. Therefore, we can't answer yet.

@Intros
Really with this mana manipulation why couldn't Kufa just give her a paladin class. I've been thinking she really is apart of the angel household but what if her paladin mana is just dormant maybe even see William awaken his mana.

@Starbright
Manga already explained the method. It's planting. Kufa has samurai class, so he can't. There is a way to force awakens, but you already knew what'll happen after.
About William
He grew up without Mana, even he joined bad guild and transformed to Lycantrope. I haven't saw his Mana since Vol.1 yet. If Kufa don't plant his Mana to Melida, she'll not have Mana for sure.

@Intros
no I meant that Kufa had the ability to give her the paladin class through elise early on and now your saying he has the ability to swap classes. Which doesn't really make sense since the procedure to change classes is suppose to have low success as William explains early on.

Dex-chan lover
@ all the convo
What was done in the latest LN volume was very temporary and had a burden on both Melida and Elise's bodies. Trying to go permanent would've gone over like putting choker vines on a tree. It still had to be done in order to change the conversation around the contentious theory being passed around - that rather than Melida's mom being unfaithful, it was the Paladin bloodline itself becoming a recessive trait.

As for giving her another class:
No time left without sacrificing time for training, and honestly there's no way to manipulate Elise at that point in time to naively snog her cousin with blood and some bizarre drug in her mouth and keep it all under wraps.
What you should ask is why didn't Fergus do anything about it? Was it anger? Confusion? Inability to accept what was going on? Discarding Melida as not worthy?
As one of the rulers of Flandor, he does know about Guild Jack Raven and their research results
although no one outside of the Guild is given the unit roster, abilities or their history. No one outside of the Guild can legally force any of the members to divulge any of that.

@Starbright
It's just temporary. I don't know success rate but it shouldn't be difficult. They'll back to normal by using Mana once. Can't fool people forever.
Shicksal family arc end in Vol9. Vol11 will release in October should be La mor family arc. When Angel family arc come, maybe the author explains why Fergus decided that.

Okay.. thats
explain a lot...
by the way, i want to see MC past... he is lycan...half-vampire.

@anakskul
Vol5 has some Kufa and Rosetti past. When he was young.
Kufa and his mom came from Night World. They arrived to boarder village, then His mom died here. Rossetti was in that village too. Later, Rossetti got heavy injured due Lycantrope attacked. Kufa saved her.
By bitting her. She became Lycantrope too. So he has locked her memories to prevent Lycantrope urge. His identity has been known by guild. He made a deal. For let Rosetti lives normally.
That why he joined guild. Several years later, Rossetti awakened her Mana.
I don't know how Kufa became Lycantrope at first place.

Dex-chan lover
i dont really get this festival except theyre gonna be stuck in a bubble for a month and compete and stuff.

Dex-chan lover
If this arc ends with Kufa never once tricking the mana-sensing door by having the same type of mana as Melida, I'll buy a hat and eat it.

Users who are viewing this thread