Asuperu Kanojo - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - Yokoi's Dad

Dex-chan lover
@pants @NotFrosty @Panino I'm pretty sure he picked up on her aspergers syndrome, or at least her capacity for violent outbursts or self harm, from the story about how she broke the glass table, hence the comment about how he listens carefully and is really sharp. I don't think he'd go so far as to assume she'd take her own life, but he's warning Yokoi to be vigilant and to clear a path for EMTs to get her down from their apartment in a worst case scenario instead of just panicking and not doing anything.

When they said its a peaceful day i was waiting for nightmare awake next page. Well good thing it didnt happen :)

Dex-chan lover
@Orenji-kun
I don't think he noticed any more than "she is weak".
She doesn't study nor work, live there with his son in a room with practically nothing, doing nothing other than enjoying his company, the don't want to talk about how they meet up (and yes, she is the type that may break things in the house). He doesn't need to know that she has any disease to think that maybe she can't stand up by herself.

Double-page supporter
...aaand this is why I now live on the other side on the country from the rest of my family.

Dex-chan lover
How can a manga be so wholesome and also so anxiety-enducing at the same time?

Double-page supporter
This manga consistency falls between the lines of painfully sad melodrama and light-hearted slice of life. Not many manga do that do well.

Dex-chan lover
That went...Better than I was expecting...

Though as everyone is pointing out, there may be some issues if he ever wants grandchildren...

I hope Megumi works past her hangups with that.

Contributor
These type of people is so annoying to deal with mmm...
You're not particularly hate them because they're good people but prefer not to talk to them because it's tiring to talk to them mmm...

Dex-chan lover
manga/anime fathers either tend to be the root of all evil or the messiah sent to be nailed on the cross. it's nice to see a dad just be a dad.

also since there was some fascination with the way they called their fathers, what was the actual word they used in their conversations? what was the "Dad" that Yokoi used and what was the "Old Man" that they both used? Otou-san and Oyaji respectively?

Double-page supporter
aww another wholesome chapter yay <3

but also v relatable again, my mom is similar to yokoi's dad and she means well but i get similarly annoyed with her lol

and as a fellow introvert i love their dual sigh of exhaustion after a long day of social interaction lmfao

BX3

I liked the dad. He seems funny. Reminds me of my mom, actually.

Fed-Kun's army
“After he got mad at me I never challenged him again. I’ll keep it that way until I die”
I know this entire manga is relatable but this truly is. I love my dad and he is a good dad, but not in my wildest dreams do I dare to challenge him

Dex-chan lover
I don't remember, but this feels like literally the only normal chapter in the series, and by normal I mean the chick didn't kill the dad because she happened to see one of his nose hairs and that triggered a violent flashback about her own nose hairs.

Users who are viewing this thread