Automatically mark entire chapter as read if single upload is marked as read

Fed-Kun's army
Is there a way to mark a whole chapter as read if you only read one upload of it? For example, if a chapter has two or more uploads for it but I only read one of the uploads only the upload I read is marked as read and the parent chapter itself still has the unread icon since I didn't read the other uploads. Sorry if this is a dumb question. Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
Not automatically, but the read icon is clickable so you can either click the single unread chapter or the parent unread from the number when there are two or more chapters without opening every upload

Fed-Kun's army
@HelperHand yeah i should've specified but i meant automatically. i guess this would be a post for the feature request section? thanks for the quick reply btw!

EDIT: Added 'Automatically' to the post title for clarification

Last edited:
Contributor
Don't think they would want to implement this. Because each group has a different way to translate chapters so if you read a chapter from group B it doesn't mean you read the same chapter but translated by group A.

Fed-Kun's army
@OisE thanks for the reply! hmmm gotcha, i guess that makes sense.

couldnt hurt to still ask though right? i personally dont care too much about different translations, and just want the whole chapter to be automatically marked as read once ive read one upload of it. i imagine there might be some other mangadex users who feel the same way, so having a user setting for this would be handy! thanks again!

EDIT: Specified automatically again, woops lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread