Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! - Vol. 2 Ch. 16

Double-page supporter
a surprisingly refreshing and emotional chapter. we’re getting closer to clearing up the god awful miscommunications and misunderstandings, that’s something to be excited for.

i really do enjoy risa’s character. i remember thinking that my relationships with women would work simply because of how much i adored them, how much i wanted things to work out. it’s a wake up call for a lot of people to realize that no matter how much you love someone and think they deserve the world, it doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things. one of my favorite things about this story so far has been finding myself in little parts of the characters.

each of them manage to have realistic traits that help the reader connect with them, even if only a little. i love grounded the perspective this manga takes while still managing to be light hearted in certain aspects.

i understand the frustration many commenters express but, i think it comes from a place of good intent at least some of the time.

thank you so much for the consistent and high quality translations <3

Dex-chan lover
Seeing how little chaps there are left before the end, I'm getting the hunch that we won't get to see any actual ROMANCE in this romance story until the very final chap.

Probably gonna be a final chap going:

"I love you"

"Me too!"

The end.

Dex-chan lover
Hilarious. Now Risa understands Hiroko in more ways than one! She melted into those things lol. But yeah, 10-13 years can change a lot. Glad they discussed both angles of the issue and the different perspectives at play. They aren't miscommunicating or anything, they just have genuinely different views on these issues. No one is bad, they just come from different backgrounds, experiences and with different traumas. They really focused on that generational gap this chapter too. Also, those bar patrons definitely overplayed the womanizer thing. It was apparent since it contradicted how Hiroko acts now but glad they corrected that as well. Everything is set up for Ayaka, Hiroko and Risa to come back together again.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There's actually a volume 3 so I think we'll have time ;)
The title page says it ends in ch 24, which means there are only 8 chaps left to resolve this drama and give them room to be a couple. (Assuming they are real chaps and not extras since mangadex counts extras in the total chaps)

I tried to look at the raws but they are paywalled, so I don't know how the story will end.

Hopefully it's not just all drama from here on until the end.

I want the author to show the protags being a couple in-story, and not just ending the story as soon as they get together.

Users who are viewing this thread