Ayakashiko - Vol. 8 Ch. 60

On the last panel [thank you, mahoro]; what is that black shape at the center of the rooftop?

Dex-chan lover
@JKTV
Doesn't appear to be any inherent connection between actual age and the age of spiritual bodies. Instead (as this chapter specifically states about the cat form) it's more down to self-image and what their strongest memories/meanings for formation are.

@Aesthia
Because the limit age for cats is around 16 years
Huh? I've now had two pet cats, my oldest friend lived to 21 and another to 18. The oldest known domestic cat lived to 38 years(!! definitely nekomata material) and was named Creme Puff. There are a number of recorded cats who lived over 30 though, and lots into their 20s. It's true that feral cats (and wild animals in general) tend to have dramatically shorter lifespans, but it's not inherently impossible at all particularly in a nicer safer country.

@zanonyn Wasn't aware that there are some cats older than 16 years as I never heard of some either by my friends or other sources, my bad. As far as I remember, I always saw 16 years of life expectancy for cats, guess I lived a lie for years

Dex-chan lover
@Aesthia
No problem, and like I said average age for feral/abandoned cats would definitely be vastly lower. It wouldn't even surprise me if the mean/median oldest age is around 16, or lower, lots of cats die younger than that sadly. It must also vary by region and environment, I don't know if there have been any studies. It'd be interesting to know if cats live longer on average in Japan for example but I don't have any idea.

Still, they can at least potentially live for decades in rare cases, and one-in-a-million odds are the kinds of things legends are born from! Having them live longer is a bit bittersweet, more time together but it hurts even harder when they're gone.

Fed-Kun's army
Did Kinako appear in any other chapter besides 6?

If not it's kinda neat to have a character just randomly stop by year(s) later.

Dont worry Nene, your girl is still alive, cause truck-god sent her to a new world.

Dex-chan lover
Hope we get more of this back story. Maybe even get to see the owner considering the supernatural aspect of this story. Like a lingering ghost.

Double-page supporter
oh wow this is a throwback to all the way to chapter 6? no wonder i had no idea lmao

Users who are viewing this thread