Ayeshah's Secret

The beautiful realistic art with lifelike expressions makes this a really impressive comic to read. The story is dark and tragic, so if you don't like downers maybe avoid this one, but if that's your kind of thing PLEASE read this. The "secret" was a great reveal. Normally twists in manga are cheap and lame, but this one had an honestly good one.

Double-page supporter
I can't thank Easy going scans enough for scanlating this beautiful story. Thanks so much!

Read this because the art in every single page is to be adored over. The horror is both beautiful and terrifying. Anyone who loves old European (Russian?) aesthetics, detailed art, art that plays a lot with light and shadows will wanna see at least some of it. (Just know that the anatomy, specifically eyes, are stretched). The art is 70% of why I read it & kept reading, I cannot overstate how good the art is. However.

I really dislike this plot beacuse of the massive amounts of incest, but outside of that its conceptually very interesting to me. If either some things in the setting were switched around so it wasn't, like, a shit ton of creepy incest that
ends in "happy" incest,
or the story more openly criticized sibling incest & power dynamics, I would've liked it a lot more. There is /some/ of the latter, but
the ending & the way the ML only hurts the sisters until they're adults spoils it for me.
It dampens the tragedy aspect for me as well, since
the boys obsession with incest makes me care less about what happens to them.

I still really like the character writing & I think they're well thought out, like I do think the author cared slot for this story, the characters, and OFC the art! but incest is simply this comics fatal flaw, and it's everywhere.

Favorite characters: Ayesha
both of them
, Lady Slyvia. The chapter covers of fanservice Sean get a shout-out. But I dislike him.
Story concept: 9/10
Story execution: 4/10
Art: 110/10

Perhaps I will like the alternative story, Aisha, more. Story also somewhat reminds me of Death is the only end for a Villainess if anyone wants a similar setting. I like Ayeshah Secret's better, though.

Thank you very much to Easy Going Scans for the scanlations!

This series is NOT incest.

The series has beautiful art and great attention to detail. I've reread it several times and am amazed at what subtle details the author sneaks in. Would definitely recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread