Azadarake no Classmate ga Shinpai - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
Hitting me in the feels, I guess if she wants to die that's kind of up to her, but hopefully she is able to find something worth living for
wym "thats up to her"? that doesnt make sense to me.

Dex-chan lover
wym "thats up to her"? that doesnt make sense to me.
I was just saying that some people do not agree with suicide in any form even if it is an escape from abuse or pain. In certain countries medical euthanasia was illegal, so someone couldn't choose to die. I had been reading about the roman philospher Seneca who was forced to commit suicide. Not sure if I clarified my point, sorry

Dex-chan lover
I don't know much about Japanese culture, but is there no CPS? Would the teacher not see this student come in everyday beaten, bruised, and on the verge of suicide, and call someone to take her away from that home?
I think I saw someone comment in a previous chapter but JP culture highly values not troubling other people, i.e. if you are bullied, solve it yourself, don't trouble the police or adults. And god forbids you do something that might bring shame to the school's reputation. Then from the teacher's perspective, it's probably something like "no there's nothing wrong going on with the kids in my class, we are all good, nothing to see here".

Regarding the censored word, I'm also fairly confident it's "kill" since it's "〇"して in the raw.
Or hey, maybe she's asking him to love her.

Dex-chan lover
I was just saying that some people do not agree with suicide in any form even if it is an escape from abuse or pain. In certain countries medical euthanasia was illegal, so someone couldn't choose to die. I had been reading about the roman philospher Seneca who was forced to commit suicide. Not sure if I clarified my point, sorry
Medical eustanasia is still illegal most places around the world, and most likely will be. She'd never be a candidate for medical eustanasia either way. She really has nothing to die for, there's several ways to get her out of this mess that doesn't require her to die, she just can't see that because her mind is locked in this situation and she can't see a way out. Her mother is probably brainwashing her too, making her feel that she can't escape, or even threatening her. Not even to mention how loyal children can be to their parents even though their parents are awful to them.

Dex-chan lover
Medical eustanasia is still illegal most places around the world, and most likely will be. She'd never be a candidate for medical eustanasia either way. She really has nothing to die for, there's several ways to get her out of this mess that doesn't require her to die, she just can't see that because her mind is locked in this situation and she can't see a way out. Her mother is probably brainwashing her too, making her feel that she can't escape, or even threatening her. Not even to mention how loyal children can be to their parents even though their parents are awful to them.
Didn't know medical Euthanasia was still illegal in a lot of place. I gotta hope she finds some way out of her situation, mc feels a bit to predatory to me, but maybe he actually is a good person. Hopefully he gets her help or something. Family loyalty to such a degree is always such a strange concept for me, but I guess its just a difference in mindset.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't know medical Euthanasia was still illegal in a lot of place. I gotta hope she finds some way out of her situation, mc feels a bit to predatory to me, but maybe he actually is a good person. Hopefully he gets her help or something. Family loyalty to such a degree is always such a strange concept for me, but I guess its just a difference in mindset.
Passive euthanasia is more or less legal everywhere, but that's just withdrawing treatment and letting the patient die naturally by themself. Active euthanasia has become more common, but it's mostly for advanced cancer patients with a lot of pain and low quality of life afaik.
We'll have to wait and see how it goes, but realistically I think a guy who's mostly interested in her because "she's cute" probably gets cold feet and withdraws when he figure out how the situation actually is. Sort of I didn't sign up for this mind set. It just too much for their mind to accept and handle. Though a call to the police could've fixed this whole situation.

Dex-chan lover
may have been "buy" her rather than "fuck" if it's going in that direction, the author did make some R18 stuff about her some that's still a possibility over suicide
I doubt it's either of those. Can't really make it work in japanese.

Dex-chan lover
Passive euthanasia is more or less legal everywhere, but that's just withdrawing treatment and letting the patient die naturally by themself. Active euthanasia has become more common, but it's mostly for advanced cancer patients with a lot of pain and low quality of life afaik.
We'll have to wait and see how it goes, but realistically I think a guy who's mostly interested in her because "she's cute" probably gets cold feet and withdraws when he figure out how the situation actually is. Sort of I didn't sign up for this mind set. It just too much for their mind to accept and handle. Though a call to the police could've fixed this whole situation.
Ah that's where I was confused, passive euthanasia had been illegal where I once lived, and it was just made legal a couple of years ago. Seriously hope someone calls the police because the dude seems to have the, "I can fix her" mindset

Dex-chan lover
You can get in real trouble assisting a suicide though. I think it actually counts as murder.
Yeah, if only theres an organization and legal law for rights to help killing suicidal peoples. At least thats what a suicidal person thought.

Bruh whats this euthanasia stuff? gotta do my research now

Group Leader
I don't know much about Japanese culture, but is there no CPS? Would the teacher not see this student come in everyday beaten, bruised, and on the verge of suicide, and call someone to take her away from that home?
If the police is involved, there'd be no manga.
013.gif
The police only exists or is competent in manga like Detective Conan, when they are needed for the plot.

@ieatass69 I think I'd take that comment with a grain of salt, considering this is the internet and I've seen plenty of gross exaggeration and false information from certain types of people recently... I know bullying is a problem, but this clearly goes beyond that. It's not bullying between school kids. It's abuse and body harm from an adult to a minor, and I don't think Japanese police can tolerate that.

But then again, since when do people take manga as realism? We know manga characters with crazy hair color aren't real, but can't tell if a scenario like this is unrealistic? Even if we assume this is possible in a bad area, the MC is going against the norms to help someone, and he's a creep? =w=

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Legit he's being genuine, kind, and caring because he has sympathy.
Good kid.

Dex-chan lover
Ah that's where I was confused, passive euthanasia had been illegal where I once lived, and it was just made legal a couple of years ago. Seriously hope someone calls the police because the dude seems to have the, "I can fix her" mindset
On a side note, even before passive or active euthanasia is considered, there's a lot of processes and alternative options which are taken beforehand. There's certain variations of heroin or crack that can kill you in a year that they give to terminally ill people. Basically, "hey, you'll be dead before this kills you so have fun."

That said, any state condoned euthanasia would have checks first. Not only would she not pass those checks at all, but they'd also reveal the shit with her mom and get rid of her. No version of euthanasia would be legal since her problem is entirely external, that is, it isn't allowed for abuse, just terminal illness.

But going back to the mc, this is why she has a point about his kindness being selfish. Actually resolving the problem would be getting the police involved but that won't include the mc. He's half-assing this. Just enough to feel good but not doing the bare minimum to actually help. He's basically giving her a "thoughts and prayers", a platitude so you don't have to address an actual problem.

Dex-chan lover
He should just call the police and get the abuser arrested if he wants to save her that much

Dex-chan lover
yeah you did i understand now

Users who are viewing this thread