Azumi 2 - Vol. 18 Ch. 7 - Last Battle

Dex-chan lover
Aaand that's the end of Azumi 😭 😭 thank you for such speedy translations!

This time around, the plot was a bit hard to follow especially with the sporadic time skips and the large cast of main characters. In the original, characters were killed off so fast that Azumi was always the main focus LMAO this Azumi also felt like her own character, definitely a departure from the original personality.

I also wish there were a few cameos to old characters tho, I kept waiting for a Tobizaru look alike to make an appearance :cry: But overall I'm happy that a lot of the characters introduced at the start survived haha

Dex-chan lover
That fight was a bit anti-climatic and also it feels like there were a few things left unanswered? Or maybe it's because it all happened so quickly that too many details about that war were glossed over? I'm surprised Shunsuke survived after all that.

Dex-chan lover
So did Tobizaru and Shunsuke broke the curse so the story had to end or did they end the story so that they don't get caught by the curse?

Dex-chan lover
Wow, what an ending. Poof just like that. I really enjoyed both Azumi. Thanks @Gurennoheyakara for the craziest translation work upload marathon. Too bad grandpa is kill, but the father surviving from the bullying, injuries and stuff is even more a surprise.The coward childhood friend mentioned dying with the shogitai was kinda a waste, maybe a bit more on his journey would be nice, but maybe he was living alright up to the moment he felt like he gotta go join shogitai.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks a lot for this incredible undertaking!

This Azumi had me frustrated quite a bit, her penchant for not finishing off people that keep hunting her and those around her when she had the chance made up like 80% of the perilous situations she had to face

Which i still don't know why she kept doing it, since she very early on in the story "bloodies" her hands for personal goals with assassination, so that excuse was no longer useful, and yet...

But other than that, and the fact that she didn't laid with Izo and the guy banished from the story, this was a 10/10

that’s….it? No closure or finality at all besides “ultimate azumi sad girl wow” which is the same redundant crux of the whole series. No resolution to her lifelong isolation? Aw man.
Thanks translators for all your work over the years !

...how did Azumi managed to live through the entire Edo period? Is she immortal or what?

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so much for translation.
There's something to both of Azumi's endings that are both open... and yet, personally to me at least, kinda fitting in a really weird manner only this series can do.

Also, the most close look alike of tobizaru I think was the dude with the ear cut right?

How did this series end up getting translated within the span of days when the original took years?!

I kept waiting for a Tobizaru look alike to make an appearance :cry:
It actually happened, you might have missed one of Azumi's helpers who went scouting and stuff from the Mitsui house looked a bit like Tobizaru

Thanks for the translations! I love Azumi a lot, but I liked the first one more as it was more centered around Azumi.

Users who are viewing this thread