Azur Lane Comic Anthology - Vol. 9 Ch. 8 - The Commander's Flowers

Dex-chan lover
I'm not into yuri either, but people are reading into things real hard in this chapter to interpret it as Yuri bait. Fem commander and the ships mentioning they like her? Unless the nuance is more explicit in the original, like can be platonic. More so considering the writer seemed to treat Long Island, Laffey, and Malin as kids.

Not exactly my view of Laffey being a kid, rather than just a hard drinking tired bunny, but it was cute enough.

Fem SKK looks to be a pretty gal herself though. Mature beauty, definitely swinging for the kind female officer/authority figure. I can dig it.

Dex-chan lover
Why people is so traumatized with the F commander? Is it because of Journal? Thats just another fanmade manga like everything in this anthology

Dex-chan lover
Taking a break from games to do other stuff is not a bad idea. You can get repetitive stress injury from games just as much as you can get it from office work or manual labor. Also, having a female commander's a nice change of pace and it's not unrealistic either. Surprising amount of female Azur Lane players, honestly. Lots of cutesy girls, fun outfits and skins, and a dorm / backyard to decorate however you want checks a lot of boxes for women gamers for instance.

Awww look at Laffey and Long island. I want more Bel!

Note: Just realized the Commander's a girl never noticed.

This is the first time I have seen a Female Skk in an AL anthology chapter, still good stuff though. I am just afraid that there will be stupid yuri shippers taking it too far like what they did with Belfast and Enterprise, that's why I prefer having a male Skk but no hate towards a female one.

In what way are “pink, purple, and white” applicable to these three? White could apply to either Malin or Laffey, but I guess you could give Laffey pink. Then there’s purple for Long Island, which... I guess ghost-type is purple?

Female commander is bad. I hope this is the only chapter with one. Or it could've been the commander's relative, such as a sister or cousin.

Users who are viewing this thread