Azur Lane - Commander Ramune: AL's Northern Parliament (Doujinshi)

Double-page supporter
And this time, the Commander is the persona of the artist himself so it isn't Uncle Commander in disguise. This is a separate manga and has different characters.
No kidding, this Commander is basically the opposite of Uncle Commander.

Dex-chan lover
@Mctheprotector
Odd. Earlier it was just ch. 21 so I posted since I refreshed and saw the same solitary chapter on the list.

Group Leader
Just a bit of an announcement, starting today, this series and Spare Time series will be handled by my friend Syuten_Yuuran until I'm done with my real-life issues. I'll still be the TS for the AL for Dummies series, tho. When I'm back, I'll tidy my friend's TS.

Group Leader
@therethen
Yeah, the artist is really loving Bandori lately. He's been drawing lots of Lisa x Yukina and even bought the whole figure set of Roselia.

Group Leader
All right, I have an announcement. This is a bad one, so prepare yourself. I, Rangin Aswati, the one that's handling this series translation, will stop handling this series and any AL-related series by Ramune Himiya in the future.

My reasoning is that, to be frank, I don't have any passion for this series. I picked this series because my friend from Reddit that I feel really obliged to is a big fan of Ramune Himiya. So, I picked this series to repay him for all the trouble I caused to him (From PR to feedback). And now, he's no longer in Reddit community.

"So, you were translating for karma?" you may ask. No, I didn't, If I were really translating for Karma, I'd just pick a fanart with text on it, translate the text, then post it under "ComicTL" flair. Scummy? Yes, that's why I'm the one that mailed the mods to really reinforce their rule on "ComicTL". But sadly, this thing still happens and the mods helped the offender by switching the flair from "ComicTL" to "Fanart" to avoid it getting classified as breaking the rule. Day by day I just feel like leaving the subreddit and even don't feel like doing a weekly highlight of Azusta if only not for that friend of mine whom I feel obliged to. He loves AL as much as I do and tell me every AL news from CN community. Like the "Bian Lian" collaboration that was happening on CN before it even hit the subreddit.

Also, AL Reddit was filled with fanart posts and really lack anything else when I was still active there. My friend is someone who loves to monitor the subreddit all the time and I'm sure he's feeling sick seeing fanarts all the time. So, to ease his pain, I began translating AL mangas daily. And then something happened that made him distances himself from the Reddit community. This is the turning point for me. I know his reason and it makes me sick.

Everything from this series really reminds me of our time in that subreddit. Like when we named the series "Commander Ramune: AL's Northern Parliament" because the bird commander is "Ramune's persona" and to give people an idea that this Commander isn't the "Uncle Commander". After knowing his reason to distance himself from the Reddit community, I just can't. I really can't bring myself to even see this series. So many things about this series are tied to the Reddit community that I feel sick of now.

I won't delete this series' mangadex entry. I'll keep it here. I'll remove it if the artist wants it to be removed. I'm really sorry for my long rant. I just hope that people can understand why I'm going to stop handling this series.

I'll keep handling the "Spare Time" series, as it's the series that kickstart my translation passion and introduced me to people who wanted to help me improve my translation, and the "AL for Dummies" series because no one wants to pick it up beside me and my friend.

Aggregator gang
Wow, that's is sad. Thank you for bring this serie for us. I do hope someone pick up, this is the best AL manga for me.

Users who are viewing this thread